Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with many important features you can use whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your target audience, others may not have most of those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that provide editing options so complex that they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they offer almost everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell What is Kajabi? Kajabi Vs Xperiencify
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you make and sell your content to your student audience. Branded as an all-in-one service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming score with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? It’s true that there are plenty of aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From the course creation to marketing and sales almost all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are digestible for people who are new in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an advantage over the rest. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop courses without having to go elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form of the most important characteristics that you might want to watch out for if you’re considering it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizing tools including media files, templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and other products, as well as your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other viable ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service and training tools, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people who come from different sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from across the globe. In the last writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who like to give the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of important features included into every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, gain a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly that is loaded to the brim with every feature you could ask for when designing and selling your course. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is available for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days available on certain blogs, so if you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the limited trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. Making content using the site and course creator software was never this simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students in any of your courses. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign tests or assignments. Kajabi Vs Xperiencify
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design does not allow for obstruction, since some of the features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You can create a landing page, modify your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching, it allows you to search for tools and items within the website by typing in the search terms. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other that English for those who want to share your content with broader audience.
Course Development and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will soon encounter a list of course or product templates or, as the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed in order to increase brand value, while online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure created to offer the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content if you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints let you create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons known as groups and posts or. Posts are the places where you put in different types of content such as text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders where the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to be added to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in one tab. This one is handy particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand, such as the logo images, fonts, and designs into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Kajabi Vs Xperiencify
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments are a helpful way to determine whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you get to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your material more.
Aside from that, in addition, the LMS site has also made strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with other students your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is offered as a separate product or as component of your member.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents to your web domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on the three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automatic SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain as well as pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can modify to your heart’s content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan and higher you can import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs, plus take away the Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your personal brand!
Like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the content of the website, such as media files, text or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays it’s logical for Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your member learners to view. With all the tools you need to create your website however you want it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can publish updates and thoughts on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by making your own using an editor for text. It is possible to include SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into different categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast, you have two options: either release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your members have access to. Kajabi Vs Xperiencify
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised that it can do more than simply send emails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Vs Xperiencify
You are able to create as many emails to your campaigns as you like and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can even select which members of your group are eligible the messages. Managing e-mails has never been so complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to determine the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Vs Xperiencify
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features are its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms provide similar features, which require more time and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners are able to make the most of it. This stunning feature lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to convince your target customers to purchase your product by utilizing an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to market your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct your sales funnel from the starting
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different – there is a library full of 40+ pages templates you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your course. Stripe is a popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi provides an array of options for you of pricing options. You can charge your students for your services at various times (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or give them away for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specified price for a specific item or for a variety of products, as well as set specific dates that your customers can access within a specific period of time. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy any of your offers. Kajabi Vs Xperiencify
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to create and market your courses However, you can connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful as it helps establish connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for basic users live chat support is scheduled for specific times and on certain days of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to develop meaningful course content. Kajabi Vs Xperiencify
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to use resources to master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their position in the field of course development. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for more information and tips the help desk is always there to guide you in the right direction. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish that the absence of options for question types as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations also.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations like having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan and a plethora in features it may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with commonalities in comparison to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may be considering in your decision. Kajabi Vs Xperiencify
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell to your target audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features It’s a lot lighter than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly price it’s easy to see the ways Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than the other has which includes live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it works. But, we need to appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs use. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools that are missing, such as the issue of certificates in particular. With a high cost, it may not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Vs Xperiencify
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app so that you and your subscribed members can access all your course materials even when in the move. Kajabi Vs Xperiencify