Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with various essential features that you can use when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to promote your courses to your desired viewers, other platforms might not provide all these features. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that offer editing features that are so complex that they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities One of them that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Vs
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to create and sell your courses to an audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and is regarded as one of the top online learning platforms, with an overwhelming score with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? It’s true that there are plenty of reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to use. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From course creation to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors the added edge over the rest. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create a course-making business without having to go elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require, living up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet form of the key features that you may want to keep an eye on if you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizing tools including media files, templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to present your course content and other products and your own blog to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Make the most of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other methods to boost your profits, further your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to bill your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of community, and training resources in conjunction with Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities that are from various sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. As of this time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different from other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who might want to give it a try. However, when you consider the number of features that are included into each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, garner up to 1,000 active customers, and make websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded to the brim with all the features you’d want when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is offered for all three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days available on selected blogs, so if you want to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the short trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions to do that!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites up to the customized domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. Making content using the site and the course creator software was never so easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations. Aside from native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you engage with the students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s not a free option neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Vs
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the users interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are arranged into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” trademark. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course, and even communicate with your instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar, and it lets you look for specific tools and products within the site by typing in the keywords. Like we said, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other that English in case you want to share your content with broader audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will be able to see a collection of product or course templates, or the way it calls them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure designed for the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs that are scheduled for a set series of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content when you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a popular premium course maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints also allow you to make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create a course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
As you further look into the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these segments and classes are referred to as categories and posts, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you put in different types of content such as text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders for the posts that are kept.
You may also incorporate subcategories for posts in a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload all of them directly from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in the same tab. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to alter any theme to fit your style. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand like your logo or images as well as font designs , into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Kajabi Vs
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great way to assess if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment feature, you can choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content.
Apart from that aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone feature or as part of your membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name or WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across all three pricing plans. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automated SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain as well as choose from a variety of unique, professional themes, which you can personalize to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business, plus remove the Kajabi logos and substitute it with your custom-designed theme!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the available themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories we discussed when we discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the content of the website, such as text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want members to view. With all the necessary tools to create your website how you would like it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi lets you create an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can post comments and updates on your course content. If you want to make the most of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. Start by creating the blog post by making your own using Text Editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you wish to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories or even change the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast there are two options: release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private one which only your subscribers are able to access. Kajabi Vs
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are highly easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing, an upsell is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Vs
You can create as many e-mails to your campaigns as you want and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can even select which of your members gets to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates to help promote your content on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Vs
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more time and effort however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option whenever you want to convince your target public to buy your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for occasions when you need to advertise your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from the ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and emails you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one – there is a library filled with 40+ page templates that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
For pricing options, Kajabi offers an array of options for you of pricing options. You can cost your pupils for the services at various dates (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or give them away to them for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for a specific product or a number of items, and set specific dates that your members can access within a given time frame. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy all of your products. Kajabi Vs
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to make and market your courses However, you have the option of connecting to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to assist you if you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and anywhere. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for basic users live chat support is scheduled at specific times and on certain days on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to create relevant courses. Kajabi Vs
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to resources that you can learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the course creation world. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for more information and tips assistance, the help section is always there to guide you in the right direction. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they achieve their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material, but we have to address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like for the absence of different types of questions and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are certain limits as well.
- A public API key. This could be useful for custom integrations, for example, letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a plethora of features, it could make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity with Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might want to consider in your decision. Kajabi Vs
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without ever having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable price it’s easy to understand how Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other, and this includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it operates. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It does provide the essentials anyone must need to be able to design a professional website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools that are missing like the issuance of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. But we do understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Kajabi Vs
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app for you and your subscribers can access your entire course materials even when in the move. Kajabi Vs