Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer various crucial features that you can utilize when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to advertise classes to your intended viewers, other platforms might not provide all the features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that have an editing experience so complicated that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some that offer not just the basic editing interface but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they offer nearly everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi What Is It
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to make and sell your content to your audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive rating from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? Well, there are quite plenty of factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. First, it’s the ease of use. From course creation to the marketing services, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are digestible for people who are new in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over the rest. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build courses without having to go to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the key attributes that you ought to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizing tools such as media files, templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and products along with a blog where you can keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages and other effective methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of community and training tools, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people who come from different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. In the last writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation tools in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who would want to give the service a shot. With the abundance of important features included within each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, reach up to 1,000 active customers, and create a website that you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there is the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually, which is filled to the brim with every feature you could ask for when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is available on all three plans. An extended trial that lasts for up to 30 days offered on select blogs, so if you’re looking to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, the limited trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From the creation of professional-looking courses up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. Making content using the site and course builders hasn’t been this simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations. In addition to native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students in any of your courses. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s not a free option as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi What Is It
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s users interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are divided into five major sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You get to create a landing page, modify your course, and engage with other instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar it allows you to search for items and tools within the website by typing in the words. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages than English if you wish to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of product or course templates or, as the platform calls it, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed in order to increase brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure designed for the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs which are planned over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content if you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a popular premium course maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design your own course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are referred to as groups and posts and vice versa. Posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, such as text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders in which the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to include in your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them either from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all your files to your courses on one tab. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only offered the choice of one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit various products. Like the outline maker, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand including logos or images as well as font designs into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Kajabi What Is It
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your class. Assessments are an effective way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you can choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content.
In addition aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also made progress in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature your students are able to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with other students your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone item or as a component of your member area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents on your website’s domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for all three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with an automated SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as pick from a variety of unique, professional themes, which you can customize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs and also take away the Kajabi branding and replace it with your personal brand!
Like the course builder that we’ve discussed previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the available themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content, such as text, media files or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets these days it is logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by picking the elements of your website you want for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to build your site how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post updates and thoughts on your course content. If you want to make the most of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by creating one using an editor for text. You may incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience, group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When uploading a podcast episode there are two options: release the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private version that only your members have access to. Kajabi What Is It
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely easy and straightforward to even non- marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails about your course and website to your subscribed member students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than simply send emails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Kajabi What Is It
You are able to create as many e-mails for your campaigns as you wish and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can even select which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to advertise your website on behalf of you. Alongside paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi What Is It
Another of Kajabi’s standouts can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require more time and effort however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your intended customers to purchase your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for occasions when you need to advertise your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your courses by means of a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from the beginning
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You can even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one – there is a library with more than 40 page templates that you can select from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of price options for Kajabi, it offers an array of options for you of pricing options. You can either make your student pay for services at various time frames (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or hand them out to them for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a specific item or for a variety of products, and specify specific dates your members can access within a certain period of time. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase all of your products. Kajabi What Is It
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you create and market your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always available to assist you when you’re struggling to create a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for Basic users live chat is available at specific times and on certain days during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to develop relevant educational content. Kajabi What Is It
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives an array of options to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them get started or increase their standing in the field of course development. Additionally, you can attend weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for more information and tips the help desk is available to help you along the way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and market your course content However, we need to address a few vital things that are missing. Most of them would be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish for the absence of question type options – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t understand why there are limits as well.
- A public API key. This could be useful in making custom integrations, like the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack of features, it may make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might be considering when making your choice. Kajabi What Is It
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! While you get to benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly cost it’s easy to see the way Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has more industry-level functions than Kajabi, and this includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it operates. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs make use of. It does provide all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few tools that are missing for example, the issue of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi What Is It
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it makes sense that it’s enough to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app for you and your subscribed members can access all your courses even while in the move. Kajabi What Is It