A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer various essential features that can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to market your courses to your desired audience, some might not provide all these features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be few that may provide editing options so complex that they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are some which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that, they also offer almost everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: What is Kajabi? New Kajabi – Can I Change My Custom Domain
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to make and sell your content to your student audience. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and necessary features that will not only create a professional website for your courses , but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the top online learning platforms, with an overwhelming positive rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? It’s true that there are plenty of factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be easily digestible for people who are new in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over the rest. Lastly this allows students like you run and develop courses without having to travel to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require, living up to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points of the most important features that you may want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizing tools including media files, templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and other products, as well as blogs to keep your students updated on what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other viable methods to increase your profits, further your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of community and training materials in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities that are from various sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. As of this time of writing Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who might want to give Kajabi a go. With the abundance of important features included in each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, reach up to 1 000 active clients, and create your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, and the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly and is packed to the brim with all the features you’d like when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. However, a 14-day free trial is available for each of the three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days available on certain blogs, so if you wish to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, the limited trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. Making content using the site and the course builder software has never been this easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations. Apart from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students who are enrolled in your classes. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s no free option available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign tests or assignments. New Kajabi – Can I Change My Custom Domain
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are arranged into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design does not allow for obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course, and even engage with other instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar, and it lets you look for tools and items within the site by entering the keywords. Like we said that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other that English in case you want to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will be able to see a collection of course or product templates, or the way it refers to them, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses that are usually created in order to increase brand value, while online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure created to offer a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses which are planned over an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content when you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create an entire course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are called post categories as well as category, respectively. The posts are where you insert various types of content like text, videos, and images, while the categories function as folders in which the posts are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your posts!
As with a handful of other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name, you can add all your files to your courses in one page. This one is handy especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the different products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand, such as the logo images, fonts, and designs , into the course player to add a your own personal style. New Kajabi – Can I Change My Custom Domain
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your course. Assessments are a helpful way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. Through the assessment feature, you can select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your material more.
Aside from that, in addition, the LMS site has also made progress in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature, your learners are given access to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone feature or as part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name as well as WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for the three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with the automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your site.
You also have the option to customize your domain, and also pick from a range of unique, professional themes, all of which you can personalize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan and above, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus eliminate the Kajabi logos and substitute it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that make up the content of the website which includes media files, text or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets it is logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to create your website how you would like it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can post updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you want to make the most the Kajabi-made website it provides a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with the blog post by making your own using Text Editor. You can include SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes you can choose between two options: either release the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your members can get access to. New Kajabi – Can I Change My Custom Domain
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement New Kajabi – Can I Change My Custom Domain
You are able to create as many e-mails to your campaigns as you wish and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can even select which members of your group are eligible the messages. Managing e-mails has never been this complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates in order to promote your content on behalf of you. Apart from paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to see how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. New Kajabi – Can I Change My Custom Domain
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features can be its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to convince your intended customers to purchase your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build the sales funnel you want from the ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one There is a library full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
In terms of price options for Kajabi, it offers customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can cost your pupils for the products at various dates (one-time or subscription and several payments) or distribute them to them for free. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a specific item or for a variety of products, as well as specify specific dates your customers can access within a specific timeframe. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase all of your products. New Kajabi – Can I Change My Custom Domain
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses However, you have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for Basic users, live chat support is scheduled for specific times and on certain days of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop meaningful course content. New Kajabi – Can I Change My Custom Domain
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to resources that you can master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the field of course development. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of other information and tips assistance, the help section will be there to help you on your way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn many sweet perks when they reach their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content However, we need to take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could have been very useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi frequently will require a connection to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like for the lack of options for question types as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are limits too.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for custom integrations, such as the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site might make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might want to consider in your decision. New Kajabi – Can I Change My Custom Domain
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable price, we can imagine the way Podia is a great choice for DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price It certainly has more industry-level functions than the other has, and this includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs make use of. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing like the issue of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. However, we understand that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ New Kajabi – Can I Change My Custom Domain
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s enough to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and your subscribed members can access your entire courses even while traveling. New Kajabi – Can I Change My Custom Domain