A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with many essential features that you can use whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to advertise your courses to your desired audience, some may not have most of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that provide editing options so complicated that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some that offer not just an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that, they also offer almost all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
A Quick Look Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? New Kajabi Instructor
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to create and sell your content to your audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not only create a professional site for your courses, but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive score with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? Well, there are quite many aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects can be accessible to those who are just getting started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over others. Lastly this allows students such as you manage and build courses without having to go elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets of the key features that you may want to keep an eye on if you’re considering the option. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizing tools including media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and materials, as well as a blog where you can keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages and other viable methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of community, and training resources and features, including Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities that are from various sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands on thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. In the last writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who be interested in giving it a try. But considering the huge amount of features that are included into every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, garner an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and design a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually, and the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly, which is filled with every feature you’d want when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is available for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days available on certain blogs. So if you’re looking to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions for this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. Making content with the site and course builder software has never been this simple and fast, since it requires less effort and time to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students in any of your courses. It also lets you network, connect, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly distribute the assignments or quizzes. New Kajabi Instructor
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the user interface (UI) is organized. If you check the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are divided into five major sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You can build an online landing page, change your course and engage with other instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching and it lets you look for items and tools on the site by typing in the search terms. Like we said that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages than English if you wish to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of course or product templates, or the way it refers to them blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand value, while Online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes which are planned over an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content when you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course-maker. But, aside from the courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create an entire course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons referred to as groups and posts respectively. Posts are where you can insert different types of content including text, video, and images, while the categories function as folders in which the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories of posts within one category in order to structure your content flexibly. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to be added to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name, you can add all your files to your courses on the same tab. This is a great option particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s easy to customize any theme to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details of your brand including logos, images, and font design into the course player to add a a personal touch. New Kajabi Instructor
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your course. Assessments are an effective method of determining if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments option, you are able to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your material more.
In addition aside from that, the LMS site has also made strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone item or as a component of your member area.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on all 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and security through the automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, as well as choose from a variety of premium, unique themes that you can personalize to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and higher, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs and also remove the Kajabi branding and replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the available themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re essentially like post categories, and categories from when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are the components that comprise the site’s content, such as text, media files as well as clickable button. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets it’s logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile and select the element of your site you would like members to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website however you want it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can post updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-created website it provides a space where you can do so without limits. You can get started with your blog posts by making your own using an editor for text. You can incorporate SEO elements if you wish to reach a larger audience or group your posts into different categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast there are two options: release it as a podcast that is public for free or make an exclusive private version that only your members have access to. New Kajabi Instructor
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are supremely easy and straightforward to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails about your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than just send e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement New Kajabi Instructor
You can create as many e-mails to the campaign you wish and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can also choose the members you want to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been so complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of you. In addition to paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. New Kajabi Instructor
Another of Kajabi’s notable features can be its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms have similar features, which require more time and effort however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option whenever you want to convince your intended audience to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for occasions when you need to advertise your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create your sales funnel from starting
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the design of your landing and checkout pages, for example, to a different one There is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi provides you a wide range of pricing options. You can either cost your pupils for the products at various dates (one-time or subscription and multi-payments) or give them away at no cost. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a single product or a number of items, and set specific dates that your students can access your products within a given period of time. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your customers to purchase any of your offers. New Kajabi Instructor
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses However, you can connect to third-party apps for more functions. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for Basic users live chat is available for certain times and times of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by many who use it to design relevant educational content. New Kajabi Instructor
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to use resources to master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the field of course development. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for additional information and tips the help desk will be there to help you in the right direction. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn numerous sweet rewards when they meet their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and market your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. A majority of them could be extremely useful to improve the experience. Below are the items that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of question type options – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we aren’t sure if there are limits too.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, like having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack in features it could turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities with Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may be considering when making your choice. New Kajabi Instructor
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price we can see the ways Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than the other has as well as live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it works. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs use. It does provide all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing, such as the issue of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, but it is an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking for an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ New Kajabi Instructor
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do want to use this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribed members can access your entire courses even while on the go. New Kajabi Instructor