Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer various important features you can utilize when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your desired audience, some might not provide all the features. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be few that may provide editing options so complex that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they offer nearly everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? New Kajabi Overview
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you make and sell your content to your student audience. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? Well, there are quite many reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to marketing almost all of the Kajabi features are designed to be digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, giving instructors the added edge over other instructors. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create a course-making business without the need to look elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullets of the most important features that you may want to be aware of if you’re considering using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizable tools, media files, and templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and other products and blogs to keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages and other ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of community and training tools, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities who come from different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. As of this writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who would like to give the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of features that are included within each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo for billing annually. This plan lets you can create three products, gain a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and design your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there is the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly that is loaded with all the features you’d like when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for all three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is also available on certain blogs. If you wish to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the limited free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with any other third-party service to do this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. The creation of content using the site and course creator software was never this easy and quick, as it requires less effort and time to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations. In addition to native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students enrolled in your classes. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s not a free option neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. New Kajabi Overview
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are organized into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You can build a landing page, modify your course, and even communicate with your instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar, and allows you to search for items and tools within the site by entering the search terms. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages that English if you wish to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may soon encounter a list of course or product templates, or what the platform calls it, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure created to offer a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs which are planned over an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership space for your members to enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create a course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons referred to as post categories as well as category, respectively. The posts are where you put in different kinds of content, such as text, video images, and text, while the categories serve as folders where the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to include in your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses on one page. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand including logos or images as well as font designs , into the course player to add a an individual touch. New Kajabi Overview
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your course. Assessments are a helpful way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your content.
Apart from that, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also made strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature, your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with other students your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate feature or as an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name or WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on the 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with an automatic SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain as well as pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can personalize to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan and above, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business, plus take away all Kajabi branding and replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories we discussed when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content including text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays it is logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website as you wish it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can publish updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. Start by creating the blog post by creating your own using an editor for text. You can include SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories and even customize how you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes, you have two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public for free or make an exclusive private podcast which only your subscribers are able to access. New Kajabi Overview
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement New Kajabi Overview
You can send as many e-mails to your campaigns as you wish and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can choose the members you want to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates in order to promote your content on behalf of you. In addition to paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to see how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. New Kajabi Overview
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features are its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more time and effort however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This amazing feature lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your target public to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to market your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct your sales funnel from the ground
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You may even change the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example changing the design to a different theme There is a library full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For pricing options, Kajabi gives an array of options for you of pricing options. You can choose to make your student pay for services at different dates (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or give them away to them for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for a single product or multiple products, as well as set specific dates that your customers can access within a certain timeframe. Additionally, you can create coupons to encourage your customers to purchase all of your products. New Kajabi Overview
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses however, you also can connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 support. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always available to help you whenever you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users, live chat support is scheduled at specific times and on certain days on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to create meaningful educational content. New Kajabi Overview
As for tools for training, Kajabi gives an array of options to use resources to master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their position in the field of course development. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of additional tips and tricks the help desk is available to help you in the right direction. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they reach their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material However, we need to take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. A majority of them could have been very useful to enhance the user experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option, instructors who use Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like for the lack of different types of questions and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are certain limits too.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site could turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities with Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may be considering in your decision. New Kajabi Overview
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market to your target audience without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price, we can see the ways Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than Kajabi as well as live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it works. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there, such as the issue of certificates, in particular. With a high price tag, it may not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ New Kajabi Overview
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you do want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app so that you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course content even when you’re traveling. New Kajabi Overview