Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have a variety of essential features that you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your target audience, some might not provide all these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that provide editing options so complicated that it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they also provide you with nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look How do you define Kajabi? Online Courses Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you create and sell your course content to your audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses , but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive score with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? It’s true that there are numerous reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to the marketing services the majority of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be easily digestible even for those who are new in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an edge over others. Lastly this allows students like you run and develop courses without the need to look to another place if something else is not available. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points of the key features that you may want to watch out for if you’re considering the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of tools for customizing including media files, templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and materials along with a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with email marketing, CRM, and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of community, customer service, and training resources, with the addition of Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names who come from different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different from other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who be interested in giving it a try. With the abundance of important features included into every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo for billing annually. In this plan, you can create three products, reach up to 1000 active users, as well as create a website that you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded to the brim with every feature you’d like when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. However, a 14-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is available on certain blogs, so if you want to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services to do that!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the most popular features on the platform is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. The creation of content using the site and the course creator software was never so simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students who are enrolled in your classes. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Online Courses Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will find that all the features are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The design of the menu is clear and free of confusion, as certain features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You can create an online landing page, change your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors through one website.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar and it lets you look for tools and items within the website by typing in the keywords. Like we said the website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages than English if you wish to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation function, you may soon encounter a list of product or course templates or what the platform calls them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed as a way to build brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content created to offer an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled for a set series of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content when you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course-maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons called groups and posts and vice versa. The posts are where you can insert different types of content, like text, videos, and images, while the categories act as folders where the posts are kept.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files to be added to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload all of them directly from your computer folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all your files to your courses on the same tab. This one is handy especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for different products. Like the outline creator, it’s easy to customize any theme to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand, such as the logo, images, and font designs into your course player to cultivate an individual touch. Online Courses Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment feature, you can choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content more.
Aside from that in addition, in addition, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating areas for students and teachers to communicate. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is offered as a separate product or as an element of membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents on your website’s domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for the three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to modify your domain as well as pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can personalize to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and above, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs, plus remove the Kajabi branding and replace that with your personal brand!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the given website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the site’s content including text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets these days it’s logical for Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to create your website as you wish it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi lets you create a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post comments and updates on the content of your course. If you want to make the most out the Kajabi-made website this service offers you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with the blog post by making your own using an editor for text. You can include SEO elements if you want to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into various categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast there are two options: either release the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private one that only your members can get access to. Online Courses Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are highly user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows you to send emails about your course and website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Online Courses Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails to your campaigns as you like and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can also choose the members you want the messages. E-mail management has never been so complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Online Courses Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s notable features can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more effort and time, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use any time you wish to persuade your audience to buy your product by utilizing an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build your sales funnel from starting
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and e-mails you will require to create an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You may even change the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different The library is full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it gives you a wide range of pricing options. You can cost your pupils for the products at different dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or hand them out for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for a single product or a number of products, and set specific dates that your customers can access within a certain timeframe. You can also create coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase the products you offer. Online Courses Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to make and market your courses however, you also can connect to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to assist you if you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for Basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled at specific times and on certain days of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to develop meaningful educational content. Online Courses Kajabi
As for training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the field of course development. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for additional information and tips assistance, the help section is available to help you on your way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material however, we must take care of a few essential things that are missing. The majority of these would be extremely useful to improve the experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish for the absence of different types of questions and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits too.
- A public API key. This could be useful for custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site could make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may think about when making your choice. Online Courses Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. But considering the very budget-friendly cost we can understand how Podia is a great choice for DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than Kajabi as well as live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it operates. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of providing nearly all of the tools that most entrepreneurs make use of. It does provide the essentials anyone must need to be able to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing, such as the issue of certificates in particular. With a high cost, it might not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Online Courses Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi can replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you want to use this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and your subscribed members have access to all course materials even when on the go. Online Courses Kajabi