Many learning management system (LMS) platforms have many essential features that you can utilize when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your desired viewers, other platforms might not provide all the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may provide editing options so complex that they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that provide more than the basic editing interface but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they offer almost everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Platforms Like Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to create and sell your courses to an student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses , but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? There are numerous factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From course creation to the marketing services, nearly all of the Kajabi features are designed to be easily digestible for people who are new in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over other instructors. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create a course-making business without the need to look elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets, of its important features that you may want to watch out for when you’re thinking about the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of tools for customizing including media files, templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and other products and blogs to keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages, and other methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of customer service, community and training materials, with the addition of Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people that are from various sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who might be interested in giving it a try. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed in each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, reach up to 1000 active users, as well as make your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually and is packed with all the features you’d like when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days also available on certain blogs, so if you want to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, the short trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are designed for businesses, so you won’t need to integrate with any other third-party service to do that!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points The Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. Making content using the website and course creator software was never so simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students enrolled in your classes. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Platforms Like Kajabi
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the users interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are arranged into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You get to create a landing page, modify your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching, and it lets you look for specific tools and products within the site by entering the search terms. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages than English in case you want to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may quickly come across a variety of product or course templates, or what the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed as a way to build brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure created to offer the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled over a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content when you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design an entire course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further look into the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons referred to as groups and posts or. Posts are the places where you insert various types of content, like text, videos and images, whereas the categories function as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to be added to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in the same tab. This can be useful especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of more than 10 themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand, such as the logo, images, and font designs , into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Platforms Like Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your class. Assessments are an effective way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment feature, you can select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your material more.
Aside from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS website has made progress in providing spaces for teachers and students to interact. With the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate item or as a part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for all three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re assured of instant security and safety with an automatic SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain as well as pick from a range of premium, unique themes, which you can modify to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you can import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs and also eliminate the Kajabi branding and replace that with your own!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the given website themes with a suite of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content which includes text, media files as well as clickable button. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets these days it’s logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your member learners to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can publish information and comments about your course’s content. If you want to make the most of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating the blog post by making one with the text editor. You can include SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode there are two options: release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your members have access to. Platforms Like Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are supremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Platforms Like Kajabi
You are able to create as many e-mails to the campaign you want and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can even select which of your members gets to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates to help advertise your website on your behalf. Apart from paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to gauge how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Platforms Like Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s notable features can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require more effort and time however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners can make better use of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use any time you wish to persuade your public to buy your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your product via web training seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build an effective sales funnel right from ground
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and emails you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the design of your landing and checkout pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme – there is a library full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can select from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings are instantly transferred to your bank account.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi provides you a wide range to choose from. You can charge your students for your services at various times (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or give them away to them for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for a single product or a number of items, and establish specific dates for your customers can access within a given time frame. You can also create coupons to encourage your audience to purchase all of your products. Platforms Like Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s one of the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to help you whenever you’re struggling to create a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users Live chat support is scheduled at certain times and days of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to design meaningful course content. Platforms Like Kajabi
For training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to use resources to learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of more information and tips, the help center will be there to help you along the way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn many sweet perks when they achieve their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and promote your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of options for question types – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are certain limits also.
- A public API key. This could be useful for creating custom integrations such as letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site might turn some people off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may want to consider in making your choice. Platforms Like Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price we can imagine the way Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than the other which includes live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the way it works. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs make use of. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing like the issuance of certificates specifically. With a high price tag, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Platforms Like Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. If you do want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app for you and your subscribed members have access to all course materials even when traveling. Platforms Like Kajabi