Many learning management system (LMS) platforms have various important features you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to promote classes to your desired audience, others might not provide all these features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that offer editing features that are so complex that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they also provide you with nearly all you can think of including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Podia Vs Kajabi
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you make and sell your content to your customers. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not only create a professional website for your courses but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? It’s true that there are many factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From the course creation to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be digestible for people who are new in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over others. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to travel elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the most important characteristics that you might want to watch out for if you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizable tools such as media files, templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and other products along with your own blog to keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages, and other effective methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service and training materials and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names who are part of different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. As of this writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation tools in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who would be interested in giving Kajabi a go. With the abundance of important features included in each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, reach a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and design your own website you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing emails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly, which is filled with all the features you could ask for when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is available on each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts up to 30 days is offered on select blogs, so if you wish to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the short trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as email marketing and automation are optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content with the site and course builders hasn’t been so easy and quick, as it requires less time and effort to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free option available either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Podia Vs Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The menu’s design does not allow for clutter, as some features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” trademark. You can create a landing page, modify your course, and interact with your fellow instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the form of a search bar and it lets you look for specific tools and products within the site by typing in the words. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages than English if you wish to share your content with broader audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of product or course templates, or, as the platform calls it, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand value, while online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure designed for a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses that are scheduled for a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content if you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course-maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create a course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons called post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are the places where you insert various types of content, such as text, video and images, whereas the categories function as folders where the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories of posts under one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your course in one page. This one is handy especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 themes for courses. Contrary to other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to fit your style. You can even incorporate details of your brand like your logo, images, and font designs into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Podia Vs Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective method of determining if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments feature, you get to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your material more.
Apart from that, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating areas for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature students have access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone item or as a component of your member space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across three pricing plans. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with an automated SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain as well as pick from a variety of unique, professional themes, all of which you can customize to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan or higher, you get to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also eliminate the Kajabi branding and replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to alter any of the available themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the content of the website, such as text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets it’s logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to build your site however you want it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can share comments and updates on the content of your course. If you want to make the most of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with the blog post by creating one using Text Editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into different categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes you can choose between two options: release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private one which only your subscribers have access to. Podia Vs Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than simply send emails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically sent to their inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Podia Vs Kajabi
You can send as many emails to your campaign as you want and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can choose which of your members gets the messages. E-mail management has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates to help promote your content on your behalf. Apart from paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to see how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Podia Vs Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more effort and time, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO – to use any time you wish to persuade your audience to buy your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from ground
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate pages and emails you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one – there is a library full of 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
For pricing options, Kajabi gives an array of options for you to choose from. You can either cost your pupils for the services at various dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or distribute them at no cost. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for one product or a number of items, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a given time frame. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your customers to purchase any of your offers. Podia Vs Kajabi
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in services needed to make and market your courses however, you also can connect to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for basic users, live chat is available for certain times and times on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to design useful educational content. Podia Vs Kajabi
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to use resources to master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their position in the world of course design. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for additional advice and tricks the help desk is always there to guide you on your way. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they meet their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and promote your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. A majority of them could have been very useful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we’d like for the absence of options for question types – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are limitations as well.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, for example, letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora of features, it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities with Kajabi regarding performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might be considering when making your choice. Podia Vs Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly price range, we can imagine the way Podia is a great choice for DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than the other has as well as live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it works. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi does not have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can use. It certainly has all the features you need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite, which includes the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few tools missing like the issue of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the right option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is a favorite among experienced creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ Podia Vs Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and your subscribers have access to all course content even when you’re traveling. Podia Vs Kajabi