A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer a variety of crucial features that can be utilized when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your desired viewers, other platforms might not offer all of the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that have an editing experience so complex that it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also an array of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they offer nearly everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance: How do you define Kajabi? Reviews For Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you make and sell your content to your audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? Well, there are quite many aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. First, it’s the simplicity of usage. From course creation to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects can be digestible even for those who are just getting started in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors the added edge over other instructors. Lastly this allows students such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to go elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points, of its important features that you may want to watch out for in the event you’re considering the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizing tools such as media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to present your course content and other products, as well as blogs to keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other effective methods to increase your profits, further your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with email marketing as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of community, and training resources in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities that are from various sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands on thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. At the time of time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation tools in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who want to give it a try. But considering the huge amount of features that are included in each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, garner up to 1000 active users, as well as make your own website you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly and is packed to the brim with all the features you could ask for when making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. However, a 14-day free trial is available on each of the three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days available on certain blogs, so if you’re looking to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services to do this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points is the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites up to the customized domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. The creation of content using the site and course creator software was never this easy and quick, as it requires less effort and time to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students who are enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you network, connect, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s no free option available as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Reviews For Kajabi
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of clutter, as some features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course and communicate with your instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that is useful when you need to search for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching it allows you to search for tools and items on the site by entering the search terms. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other that English for those who want to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of course or product templates or, as the platform refers to them blueprints. Each blueprint for a product is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure created to offer the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes which are planned over a set series of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content if you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints let you make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create your own course or product completely from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further look into the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these segments and classes are referred to as categories and posts, respectively. Posts are where you put in different types of content including text, video images, and text, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to include in your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses on one page. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit various products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements of your brand including logos images, fonts, and design into the course player to add a a personal touch. Reviews For Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your course. Assessments can be a great way to assess whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you get to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content.
In addition, the LMS website has been able to make strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature your students are able to comment and interact with any of your courses through their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone item or as a part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents with your domain name as well as WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re assured of instant security and safety with the automatic SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain as well as pick from a variety of premium, unique themes, which you can modify to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs and also eliminate all Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the available themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts from when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the site’s content including media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like members to view. With all the tools you need to make your site look however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish information and comments on the content of your course. If you want to make the most out the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you the opportunity to do so without limits. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by making one using Text Editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach, group your posts into different categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast, you have two choices: publish the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private version which only your subscribers are able to access. Reviews For Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are highly convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than simply send emails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Reviews For Kajabi
You can send as many emails to your campaigns as you want and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can choose which members of your group are eligible the messages. Managing e-mails has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to promote your content on your behalf. Apart from paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Reviews For Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated problems. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more effort and time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your intended public to buy your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your courses by means of the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct your sales funnel from the starting
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You could even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different There is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn are immediately sent to your bank account.
For the pricing, Kajabi offers an array of options for you to choose from. You can either make your student pay for products at various dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or hand them out to them for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a set amount for a specific item or for a variety of products, as well as set specific dates that your customers can access within a specific period of time. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your target audience to buy all of your products. Reviews For Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to make and market your courses, but you also can connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always available to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users, live chat support is scheduled at certain times and days on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to design meaningful course content. Reviews For Kajabi
As for training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to resources that you can learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their position in the field of course development. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for additional tips and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you on your way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn many sweet perks when they reach their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would have been very useful to improve the experience. Below are the items we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of options for question types – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations also.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations like letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site may make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity with Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy alternatives that you might want to consider when making your choice. Reviews For Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the cost that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features It’s a lot lighter than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly cost, we can understand the ways Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other has which includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it works. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It does provide all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few instruments that aren’t there for example, the issue of certificates specifically. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the right option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from being an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Reviews For Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile for you and your subscribed members can access all your courses even while traveling. Reviews For Kajabi