Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with many essential features that you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your intended audience, others may not have most of the features. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that offer editing features that are so complex that it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they also provide you with nearly all you can think of including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: What is Kajabi? Roger Love Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you make and sell your courses to an audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not just create a professional site for your courses, but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? There are many factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to the marketing services, nearly all of the Kajabi features can be easily digestible for people who are just getting started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors the added edge over others. In addition it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build courses without having to travel elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points, of its important characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and other products, as well as a blog where you can keep your students updated on what’s new.
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other viable ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training tools, with the addition of Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who are part of different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from all over the world. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation tools in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start at just $119, it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who might be interested in giving the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of important features included within each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, reach an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and design websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded to the brim with every feature you could ask for when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is available for all three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days also available on selected blogs, so if you want to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the limited free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions to do this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the most popular features on the platform, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. Making content with the site and the course builder software has never been this easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost greater than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Roger Love Kajabi
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the User Interface (UI) is structured. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You can create an online landing page, change your course, and communicate with your instructors through one website.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar and allows you to search for items and tools on the website by typing in the search terms. As mentioned previously the website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages that English if you wish to present your content to wider audience.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation function, you may be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products or what the platform calls them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure that are designed to provide a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes which are planned over a set series of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content when you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a popular premium course maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create your own course or product from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons called categories and posts, and vice versa. Posts are where you put in different kinds of content, including text, video, and images, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to include in your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload any of them through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses on the same tab. This can be useful especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the different products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to alter any theme to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image like your logo, images, and font designs , into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Roger Love Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your class. Assessments are a helpful way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. Through the assessment feature, you get to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your material more.
In addition aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made progress in creating areas for teachers and students to connect. With the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is offered as a separate product or as part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re assured of instant security and security through an automated SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain as well as choose from a variety of premium, unique themes, which you can customize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you can download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs as well as take away any Kajabi branding and replace that with your personal brand!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the available themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the content of the website, such as text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets these days it is logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like for your members to see. With all the tools you need to build your site how you would like it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can post comments and updates about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-made site it provides an area where you can publish your content without restriction. Start by creating the blog post by creating your own using an editor for text. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into various categories and even customize how you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes there are two options: release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private version which only your subscribers have access to. Roger Love Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails about your course and website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered to their inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Roger Love Kajabi
You can send as many emails to your campaign as you like and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can choose the members you want to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been more comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates who can help advertise your website on your behalf. In addition to paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. Roger Love Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features can be its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features that require more effort and time however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners can make better use of it. This stunning feature lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to convince your intended customers to purchase your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from beginning
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You can even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme The library is full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions and certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it gives an array of options for you to choose from. You can choose to charge your students for your services at different time frames (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or distribute them at no cost. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a single product or a number of items, and set specific dates that your members can access within a given time frame. You can also create coupons to encourage your target audience to buy any of your offers. Roger Love Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you create and market your courses However, you can connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for Basic users live chat is available for specific times and on certain days on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to create useful courses. Roger Love Kajabi
For tools for training, Kajabi gives you a variety of ways to use resources to master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the course creation world. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of additional information and tips the help desk is available to help you on your way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material however, we must take care of a few essential things that are missing. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. In addition, we don’t understand why there are certain limits too.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for custom integrations, for example, letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora of features, it could make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might want to consider when making your choice. Roger Love Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly cost we can understand how Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than Kajabi which includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it works. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer all the features you need to be able to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing for example, the issue of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Roger Love Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi can replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s enough to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app to ensure that you and your subscribed members can access your entire courses even while traveling. Roger Love Kajabi