A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer many important features you can use when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your desired audience, others might not offer all of the features. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may offer editing features that are so complicated that it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are some which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they offer nearly all you can think of such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance How do you define Kajabi? Scott Jansen Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you develop and market your courses to an student audience. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? Well, there are quite many factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation to marketing, nearly all of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are easily digestible for people who are just getting started in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over the rest. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build courses without having to travel elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets of the most important characteristics that you might want to be aware of in the event you’re considering it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to present your course content and materials and your own blog to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages, and other ways to improve your profits, further your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of community and training materials, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities who are part of different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. As of this writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different from other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who would like to give the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of features that are included in every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, gain a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and design a website that you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded to the brim with all the features you’d want when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is available on all three plans. An extended trial that lasts for up to 30 days available on certain blogs, so if you wish to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the short trial period is the ideal method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services to do this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content with the website and course creator software was never so easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations. Apart from native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also network, connect, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free option available as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Scott Jansen Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are arranged into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design is clear and free of confusion, as certain aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and even communicate with your instructors through one website.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful when you need to search for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the form of a search bar and it lets you look for specific tools and products within the website by typing in the words. Like we said that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other than English for those who want to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may be able to see a collection of product or course templates, or, as the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining brand value, while online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled over an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content when you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course-maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints also allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons referred to as categories and posts, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you put in different kinds of content, including text, video images, and text, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one tab. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand, such as the logo or images as well as font designs , into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Scott Jansen Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments are a helpful way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the curriculum you’ve given them. Through the assessment feature, you get to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your content.
Apart from that in addition, the LMS website has made progress in creating spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature students have access to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate item or as a component of your member area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with an automatic SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You also have the option to customize your domain, as well as pick from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can modify to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you can download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs, plus remove the Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your own!
Like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to modify any of the available themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the site’s content including text, media files or clickable icons. Sections are, however are made up of multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and small tablets these days it’s logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile and select the element of your site you would like for your member learners to see. With all the necessary tools to build your site how you would like it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi allows you to create a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can publish updates and thoughts on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. You can get started with the blog post by creating your own using the text editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you want to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into different categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes there are two options: release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private one which only your subscribers are able to access. Scott Jansen Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are highly easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered to their inbox. If another course is not performing, an upsell is sent to suggest improvement Scott Jansen Kajabi
You are able to create as many emails to the campaign you like and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can choose the members you want the messages. Managing e-mails has never been more comprehensive yet easy to handle. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates in order to promote your content on your behalf. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Scott Jansen Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts are its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms have similar features that require more effort and time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This amazing feature lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use any time you wish to convince your intended public to buy your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build your sales funnel from starting
Once you select from any of the blueprints for your pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and emails you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You could even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different – there is a library full of 40+ pages templates you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi offers you a wide range of options to select from. You can choose to make your student pay for products at various times (one-time or subscription and several payments) or distribute them for free. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for one product or a number of products, and specify specific dates your students can access your products within a certain timeframe. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase all of your products. Scott Jansen Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you create and market your courses, but you also can connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is available to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and times of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to develop useful educational content. Scott Jansen Kajabi
For training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the field of course development. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for more information and tips the help desk will be there to help you along the way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and market your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. Most of them would be extremely useful to improve the experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we’d like for the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we aren’t sure if there are certain limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for custom integrations, like having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack of features, it might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity with Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may be considering in making your choice. Scott Jansen Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price range we can understand the ways Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other which includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it operates. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi does not have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing for example, the issue of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the best choice among the budget-conscious. But we do understand that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that gives you all you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ Scott Jansen Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” derives from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you want to use this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire courses even while in the move. Scott Jansen Kajabi