Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with various important features can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to market classes to your target audience, others might not provide all those things. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that offer editing features that are so complex that it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also an array of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they offer nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance How do you define Kajabi? Segment Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you create and sell your content to your customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive rating from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? There are plenty of reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From the course creation to the marketing services the majority of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are digestible for people who are just getting started in the world of online courses. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over others. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop a course-making business without having to go elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets, of its important characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizable tools such as media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and materials, as well as a blog where you can keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages and other effective methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to bill your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of customer service, community and training materials and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names that are from various sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. At the time of time of writing Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who would like to give the service a shot. With the abundance of important features included into each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you can create three products, garner an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and design a website that you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing emails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded to the brim with every feature you could ask for when designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is available on each of the three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is available on certain blogs, so if you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the short free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service for this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From the creation of professional-looking courses all the way to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content using the site and the course builders hasn’t been so easy and quick, as it requires less time and effort to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations. Apart from native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s community feature lets you engage with the students enrolled in your classes. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the typical monthly prices offered by other services. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Segment Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is structured. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu does not allow for obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You can create an online landing page, change your course and engage with other instructors through one website.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar, and it lets you look for items and tools within the site by typing in the search terms. As mentioned previously the courses and site builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages than English for those who want to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of course or product templates, or, as the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure created to offer a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses which are planned over an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content if you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create an entire course or product completely from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons called groups and posts or. The posts are where you insert various types of content like text, videos images, and text, while the categories function as folders in which the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses on one tab. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the different products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand including logos or images as well as font design into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Segment Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your course. Assessments are a helpful method of determining if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. Through the assessment feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your material more.
In addition, in addition, the LMS site has also been able to make strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone item or as a part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with an automated SSL certification and the support of a team to manage your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain as well as choose from a wide array of premium, unique themes, all of which you can customize to your heart’s content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also eliminate the Kajabi logos and substitute that with your personal brand!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts from when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the content of the website which includes text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets these days it’s logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adapt to a mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile and select which site element you wish for your member learners to view. With all the tools you need to create your website how you would like it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can share comments and updates on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most out the Kajabi-made website it provides the opportunity to do so without limits. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by creating your own using the text editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach or group your posts into different categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes there are two choices: publish it as a public podcast free of charge or create an exclusive private version that only your members have access to. Segment Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than just send e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Segment Kajabi
You can create as many emails to your campaigns as you want and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can even select the members you want to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates in order to advertise your website on behalf of you. In addition to paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Segment Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s top features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms have similar features that require more time and effort however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This stunning feature lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your intended audience to buy your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for whenever you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your product via web training seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from ground
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You can even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different There is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
For the pricing, Kajabi gives an array of options for you of pricing options. You can either make your student pay for products at different time frames (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or give them away for free. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a set amount for one product or a number of products, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a specific time frame. You can also create coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase the products you offer. Segment Kajabi
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you make and market your courses, but you also can connect to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to assist you when you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for Basic users live chat support is scheduled at specific times and on certain days during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to design relevant courses. Segment Kajabi
For tools to train, Kajabi provides an array of options to use resources to master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their position in the field of course development. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for other advice and tricks assistance, the help section is available to help you along the way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and market your course content however, we must address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like that the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations also.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for creating custom integrations like letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan and a plethora in features it might cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities with Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might be considering in making your choice. Segment Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly price range we can understand the ways Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than Kajabi, and this includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it works. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the tools that most entrepreneurs use. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there, such as the issuance of certificates in particular. With a high cost, it might not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Segment Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to create a fully-functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices so that you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course materials even when on the go. Segment Kajabi