Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have a variety of crucial features that you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your target audience, some might not provide all those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that have an editing experience so complicated that it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they also offer almost all you can think of such as 24/7 assistance and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Shopify Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to develop and market your content to your student audience. Branded as an all-in-one service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? There are plenty of factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From course creation to the marketing services almost all of Kajabi’s features can be digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over others. Lastly this allows students like you to run and create an online course without the need to look elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the most important characteristics that you might want to watch out for if you’re considering using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizable tools such as media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and other products along with your own blog to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages and other effective ways to improve your profits, further your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service and training tools in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names who are part of different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from across the globe. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who like to give it a try. But considering the huge amount of essential features already packed into every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, garner up to 1,000 active customers, and make your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly and is packed with every feature you could ask for when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. There is however a fourteen-day trial is available. trial is offered for each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days available on selected blogs. If you’re looking to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, the short trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. The creation of content using the website and course builder software has never been so simple and fast, since it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations. In addition to native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students who are enrolled in your classes. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free plan available either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Shopify Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are arranged into five main sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The design of the menu does not allow for obstruction, since some of the features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors through one website.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful when you need to search for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching and it lets you look for items and tools on the site by typing in the keywords. As mentioned previously the site builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages than English for those who want to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products, or, as the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed in order to increase brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version courses with a complete content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled for a set series of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints let you create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are referred to as groups and posts respectively. Posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, such as text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. Upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses on one tab. This can be useful especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for different products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to modify any theme to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image including logos images, fonts, and designs into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Shopify Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective method of determining if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your material more.
Aside from that in addition, the LMS site has also made progress in providing spaces for students and teachers to communicate. Through the Community feature, your learners are given access to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is offered as a separate feature or as component of your member space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and security through an automatic SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, as well as pick from a wide array of unique, professional themes, which you can modify to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and higher, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also eliminate the Kajabi logos and substitute that with your personal brand!
Like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the available themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts from when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are the components that comprise the site’s content which includes media files, text or clickable icons. Sections are, however are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays it is logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to create your website as you wish it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can share updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website it provides a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating the blog post by creating one using an editor for text. You may incorporate SEO elements if you want to expand your reach, group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast you can choose between two options: release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private version which only your subscribers are able to access. Shopify Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are highly user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Shopify Kajabi
You can create as many e-mails to the campaign you want and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can also choose the members you want to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on your behalf. In addition to paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to see how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Shopify Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more time and effort and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to convince your intended audience to buy your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for occasions when you need to advertise your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of the use of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct your sales funnel from the ground
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates pages and emails you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one There is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions and certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn are immediately sent to your bank account.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi offers an array of options for you of options to select from. You can make your student pay for services at various dates (one-time or subscription and several payments) or distribute them to them for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for a specific item or for a variety of products, and set specific dates that your members can access within a given period of time. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase all of your products. Shopify Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to create and market your courses, but you also have the option to connect to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other important issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users Live chat support is scheduled at certain times and days during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to develop meaningful educational content. Shopify Kajabi
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the world of course design. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for other information and tips, the help center is available to help you along the way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and market your course content however, we must take care of a few essential things that are missing. Most of them would have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like for the lack of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are limitations too.
- A public API key. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, such as the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan, and the lack in features it might turn some people off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity with Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may think about in making your choice. Shopify Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than other. But considering the very budget-friendly price we can see how Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer greater features that the other has, and this includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it operates. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs make use of. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite, which includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there like the issue of certificates, in particular. With a high cost, it might not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking for an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Shopify Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices so that you and your subscribed members can access your entire course materials even when traveling. Shopify Kajabi