A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have a variety of crucial features that you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to market classes to your intended viewers, other platforms may not have most of the features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that have an editing experience that is so complicated they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they also provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Simone Milasas Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to create and sell your courses to an customers. Branded as an all-in-one service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? Well, there are quite numerous factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From the course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over others. Lastly this allows students like you run and develop an online course without the need to look elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require, living up the ‘one-stop-shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points, of its important attributes that you ought to be aware of in the event you’re considering using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of tools for customizing including media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and products along with blogs to keep your students updated on what’s new.
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages, and other effective methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of community and training materials, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names who come from different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands on thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. As of this time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who would be interested in giving it a try. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed in each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you can create three products, reach up to 1,000 active customers, and create your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly, which is filled to the brim with all the features you could ask for when making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is available for all three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days also offered on select blogs. If you want to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the short trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with other third-party services to do this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. Making content with the website and course creator software was never this easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations. Aside from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost greater than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s no free option available as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Simone Milasas Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is structured. If you check the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are arranged into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You can build a landing page, modify your course and communicate with your instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the form of a search bar it allows you to search for specific tools and products within the website by typing in the keywords. Like we said that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages than English for those who want to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of course or product templates, or the way it calls them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed as a way to build brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure designed for the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses which are planned over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content when you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course-maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints allow you to create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design your own course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these segments and classes are called groups and posts and vice versa. The posts are where you put in different types of content like text, videos and images, whereas the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in one category in order to structure your content flexibly. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests that you can upload all your files to your courses on one tab. This is a great option particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for different products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand like your logo, images, and font design into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Simone Milasas Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments are a helpful method of determining if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. Through the assessment option, you are able to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your content.
Aside from that, in addition, the LMS site has also made strides in creating areas for teachers and students to connect. With the Community feature, students have access to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone item or as a an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents to your web domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across all three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automatic SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, as well as choose from a range of unique, professional themes that you can personalize to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and above you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also take away the Kajabi branding and replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the given website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website which includes text, media files or clickable icons. Sections, on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking which site element you wish for your members to see. With all the tools you need to create your website however you want it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi lets you create an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish information and comments on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most the Kajabi-made website this service offers you a space where you can do so without limits. Start by creating your blog posts by creating one with an editor for text. You can incorporate SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into different categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast there are two options: either release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private version that only your members have access to. Simone Milasas Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are highly easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of emails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Simone Milasas Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails for your campaign as you want and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can choose which of your members gets to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been this complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates to help advertise your website on behalf of you. Alongside paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to gauge how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Simone Milasas Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms provide similar features, which require more effort and time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to convince your target audience to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to market your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build an effective sales funnel right from the ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for example, to a different one There is a library filled with 40+ page templates that you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions and certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
In terms of price options for Kajabi, it gives you a wide range of options to select from. You can choose to cost your pupils for the products at different dates (one-time or subscription and multiple payments) or give them away at no cost. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for a specific product or multiple products, and specify specific dates your students can access your products within a given period of time. Additionally, you can create coupons to encourage your customers to purchase the products you offer. Simone Milasas Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you develop and promote your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide more functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. In contrast to other similar platforms that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always available to assist you if you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for basic users live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and days on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to create relevant courses. Simone Milasas Kajabi
As for training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of additional tips and tricks assistance, the help section is available to help you on your way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn numerous sweet rewards when they reach their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and market your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option, instructors who use Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of question type options as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are limits also.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful in making custom integrations, for example, letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack of features, it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities with Kajabi regarding reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might be considering when making your choice. Simone Milasas Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price we can see the way Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than the other has which includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it operates. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can use. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing, such as the issuance of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Simone Milasas Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app so that you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire courses even while on the go. Simone Milasas Kajabi