Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with a variety of essential features that you can utilize when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your intended audience, others might not provide all those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that provide editing options so complex that they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that provide more than the basic editing interface but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that, they also provide you with nearly everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance: How do you define Kajabi? Surveys With Kajabi
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to make and sell your course content to your audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelming score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? There are plenty of aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From the course creation to marketing almost all of the Kajabi features are designed to be easily digestible even for those who are new in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an edge over other instructors. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop courses without having to go elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require, living up to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form, of its important features that you may want to watch out for in the event you’re considering using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of customizable tools such as media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and materials and your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other methods to increase your profits, further your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to bill your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of community and training materials and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names that are from various sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who might be interested in giving Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of important features included within every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, garner an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and create a website that you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly and is packed with every feature you’d like when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. There is however a fourteen-day trial is available. trial is available on each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days also available on selected blogs, so if you want to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, the short trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as email marketing and automation are optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services for that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. Making content with the site and the course creator software was never this easy and quick, as it requires less effort and time to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students who are enrolled in your classes. You can also connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute the assignments or quizzes. Surveys With Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for confusion, as certain elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You get to create an online landing page, change your course, and even communicate with your instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar, it allows you to search for items and tools within the website by typing in the search terms. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages than English if you wish to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of product or course templates, or the way it refers to them blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure created to offer the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled for a set series of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content when you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course-maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are referred to as categories and posts, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you put in different types of content such as text, video and images, whereas the categories function as folders where the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in the same tab. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for different products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s easy to customize any theme to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image like your logo, images, and font design into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Surveys With Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your class. Assessments are an effective way to determine whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment option, you are able to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content more.
Apart from that, in addition, the LMS website has been able to make strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature, students have access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with other students your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone feature or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on three pricing plans. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with an automated SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain as well as pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can personalize to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and higher you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus remove all Kajabi logos and substitute it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts from when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website which includes text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile and select which site element you wish members to view. With all the necessary tools to make your site look however you want it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can publish updates and thoughts on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. Start by creating posting blog content by creating your own using the text editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience, group your posts into different categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts to promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes you can choose between two options: release it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private version that only your users have access to. Surveys With Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Surveys With Kajabi
You can create as many e-mails for the campaign you want and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can even select the members you want to receive these messages. The management of e-mails has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates to help promote your content on behalf of you. Alongside paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to determine the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Surveys With Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s top features can be its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more effort and time, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to convince your intended customers to purchase your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for whenever you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build your sales funnel from beginning
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for example, to a different one – there is a library filled with 40+ page templates that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi provides you a wide range of pricing options. You can choose to make your student pay for services at various times (one-time or subscription and several payments) or distribute them at no cost. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for a single product or multiple items, and set specific dates that your customers can access within a given time frame. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy the products you offer. Surveys With Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to make and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users Live chat support is scheduled for certain times and days on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to develop relevant educational content. Surveys With Kajabi
For tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to use resources to master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for other information and tips assistance, the help section is always there to guide you in the right direction. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material However, we need to take care of a few essential things that are missing. The majority of these would be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. These are some of the things we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like that the absence of options for question types as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are certain limits too.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, for example, letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack in features it might cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities with Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might think about in your decision. Surveys With Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and market to your target audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable price range we can see how Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that the other which includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it operates. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It does provide the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools that are missing, such as the issue of certificates, in particular. With a high cost, it might not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that can provide everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ Surveys With Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you do want to use this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and your subscribed members can access all your course materials even when on the go. Surveys With Kajabi