Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with many crucial features that you can use when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your desired audience, others may not have most of the features. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that offer editing features that are so complicated that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that, they also offer almost everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: What is Kajabi? Tay Sweat Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to make and sell your courses to an customers. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just create a professional site for your courses, but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are many reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily digestible even for those who are new in the world of online courses. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over others. In addition this allows students like you to run and create an online course without having to travel to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools anyone may need and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points, of its important characteristics that you might want to watch out for when you’re thinking about it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizing tools including media files, templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and other products and a blog where you can keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages and other effective ways to improve your profits, further your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with email marketing as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of community, and training resources and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names who are part of different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start at just $119, it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who might want to give it a try. However, when you consider the number of features that are included within every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, gain a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly, which is filled with every feature you could ask for when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is offered for all three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days also available on selected blogs. If you want to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, then the brief trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions to do that!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. Making content using the site and the course builder software has never been so easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign tests or assignments. Tay Sweat Kajabi
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for confusion, as certain aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You can create your own landing page, alter your course, and communicate with your instructors through one website.
The search assistant is a tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar, and allows you to search for items and tools on the site by typing in the words. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other that English for those who want to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will soon encounter a list of product or course templates, or the way it refers to them blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure created to offer the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs which are planned over an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course-maker. But, aside from the courses, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create an entire course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are called categories and posts, and vice versa. The posts are where you insert various types of content, like text, videos and images, whereas the categories act as folders where the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload all of them directly from your computer folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name, you can add all your files to your courses on one page. This can be useful especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to alter any theme to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand, such as the logo or images as well as font designs , into the course player to add a your own personal style. Tay Sweat Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great method of determining if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. Through the assessment feature, you get to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your material more.
In addition, the LMS site has also made strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone item or as a component of your member space.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with the automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your site.
You also have the option to personalize your domain as well as pick from a wide array of unique, professional themes, which you can personalize to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan or higher, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business, plus remove the Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the given website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re essentially like post categories, and categories from when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content which includes text, media files or clickable icons. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets these days it is logical for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look how you would like it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi lets you create an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish updates and thoughts on your course content. If you want to make the most of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you an area where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with your blog posts by creating one with Text Editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you want to expand your reach, group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes you can choose between two options: release the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private one that only your users have access to. Tay Sweat Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of emails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Tay Sweat Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails to your campaigns as you wish and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can even select the members you want to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been this complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to promote your content on your behalf. In addition to paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to see how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Tay Sweat Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features are the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms have similar features that require much more effort and time, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to convince your target audience to buy your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You may even change the look of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one The library is full of 40+ page templates that you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi offers an array of options for you of options to select from. You can either cost your pupils for the products at different times (one-time or subscription and several payments) or distribute them at no cost. You can also choose to decide if you want to charge a set amount for one product or multiple items, and set specific dates that your students can access your products within a certain timeframe. You can also create coupons to encourage your customers to purchase the products you offer. Tay Sweat Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you develop and promote your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for more functions. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Contrary to similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to assist you when you’re struggling to create a course or page among other important issues, anytime and anywhere. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and days on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to create useful educational content. Tay Sweat Kajabi
For training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to access resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their standing in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for other information and tips, the help center is always there to guide you in the right direction. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they reach their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful to improve the experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful in making custom integrations, like the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack of features, it may make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with commonalities in comparison to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might want to consider in making your choice. Tay Sweat Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price it’s easy to see how Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other has as well as live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the way it functions. But, we need to appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs make use of. It does provide the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There are a few instruments that aren’t there for example, the issuance of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the best choice among the budget-conscious. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously consider.
FAQ Tay Sweat Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile for you and your subscribers can access all your courses even while traveling. Tay Sweat Kajabi