A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer a variety of essential features that you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your target viewers, other platforms might not offer all of those things. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that have an editing experience so complicated that it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that provide more than the basic editing interface but also an array of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Thinkific Or Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to create and sell your courses to an customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not only create a professional website for your courses but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelming score from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? Well, there are quite numerous factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From course creation to marketing the majority of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors the added edge over others. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to travel elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need, living up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets, of its important characteristics that you might want to watch out for when you’re thinking about the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizable tools, media files, and templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and materials, as well as your own blog to keep your students updated on what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages and other viable methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with email marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of community and training materials, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities who are part of different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of time of writing Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who like to give the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of features that are included in each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, gain up to 1 000 active clients, and design a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing emails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there is the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly that is loaded to the brim with every feature you’d want when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. However, a 14-day trial is available. trial is available on each of the three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is offered on select blogs. So if you wish to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the limited trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the most popular features on the platform is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. The creation of content using the site and the course creator software was never this simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations. Apart from native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s community feature lets you connect with students in your classes. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Thinkific Or Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are organized into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You can create an online landing page, change your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors through one website.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching, and allows you to search for specific tools and products on the website by typing in the keywords. As previously mentioned the website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other than English for those who want to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may be able to see a collection of product or course templates or, as the platform calls it blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses that are usually created as a means of gaining brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure designed for a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses which are planned over an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course-maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints let you create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are known as groups and posts respectively. The posts are where you insert various kinds of content, including text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders in which the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories of posts under one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to include in your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses on one page. This can be useful particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms where you’re only offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the various products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to modify any theme to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image like your logo or images as well as font designs , into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Thinkific Or Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective way to assess whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. Through the assessment feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your material more.
Aside from that in addition, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature students have access to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with the rest of them your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate item or as a part of your membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents on your website’s domain or WordPress site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re assured of instant security and safety with an automatic SSL certification and a team to help maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, as well as choose from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can modify to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan or higher you can import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs and also eliminate any Kajabi branding and replace it with your own!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the given website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content including text, media files or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets nowadays it’s logical for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your members to see. With all the tools you need to create your website however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating the blog post by making your own using Text Editor. You can include SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast, you have two options: release it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private one that only your members can get access to. Thinkific Or Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are highly convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Thinkific Or Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails for your campaigns as you wish and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can even select the members you want the messages. Managing e-mails has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on your behalf. Apart from paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Thinkific Or Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more time and effort and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to convince your target public to buy your product by utilizing the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to market your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your courses by means of the use of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build your sales funnel from ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and emails you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You may even change the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for example changing the design to a different theme The library is filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi provides you a wide range to choose from. You can either make your student pay for services at different times (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or hand them out at no cost. You can also choose to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for a single item or for a variety of products, as well as set specific dates that your members can access within a specific time frame. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase any of your offers. Thinkific Or Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to make and market your courses However, you can connect to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to help you whenever you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for Basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and times of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to design useful courses. Thinkific Or Kajabi
For training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to use resources to master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their position in the course creation world. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for additional information and tips, the help center is available to help you on your way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn numerous sweet rewards when they meet their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and market your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. The majority of these would have been very useful to improve the experience. Below are the items we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we’d like for the lack of options for question types – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are limits too.
- A public API key. This could be useful for custom integrations, such as having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack of features, it might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may want to consider when making your choice. Thinkific Or Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable cost we can imagine the ways Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has higher-end features than Kajabi as well as live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it operates. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs utilize. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need to be able to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing for example, the issue of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Thinkific Or Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile for you and your subscribers can access all your course content even when you’re in the move. Thinkific Or Kajabi