A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer many important features you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your target audience, some might not provide all the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may provide editing options so complex that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just the basic editing interface but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they offer nearly everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance How do you define Kajabi? Thrive Leads With Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you make and sell your content to your customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses , but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and is regarded as one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? There are numerous reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From course creation to the marketing services the majority of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily digestible even for those who are just getting started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving instructors an edge over the rest. Additionally this allows students such as you manage and build an online course without having to travel elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require, living up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form of the key characteristics that you might want to watch out for in the event you’re considering using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizable tools, media files, and templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and other products and blogs to keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Make the most of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other effective methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of customer service, community, and training resources and features, including Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people who come from different sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands on thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who would like to give Kajabi a go. With the abundance of features that are included into each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, reach an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as make your own website you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing emails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually, which is filled to the brim with every feature you’d like when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. However, a 14-day trial is available. trial is available on each of the three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days available on certain blogs, so if you want to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the limited trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as e-mail marketing and automation, are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points is the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content with the site and course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s no free option available as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Thrive Leads With Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s user interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are arranged into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of clutter, as some aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You can build your own landing page, alter your course, and communicate with your instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar and it lets you look for tools and items on the site by entering the keywords. As mentioned previously the site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages than English if you wish to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation function, you may be able to see a collection of course or product templates or the way it calls it, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses, Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created as a means of gaining brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content designed for the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled over a set series of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create an entire course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these segments and classes are called post categories as well as category, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you insert various kinds of content, such as text, video, and images, while the categories act as folders for the posts that are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to include in your posts, including MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests, you can add all your files to your courses in one page. This is a great option especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting various themes for the various products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to alter any theme to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements of your brand including logos, images, and font design into your course player to cultivate an individual touch. Thrive Leads With Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great way to assess if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment option, you are able to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your material more.
Aside from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating areas for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone item or as a part of your membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant security and security through an automated SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as choose from a wide array of unique, professional themes, all of which you can personalize to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs and also remove the Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your own!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the given themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts we discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website which includes text, media files as well as clickable button. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets it is logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website how you would like it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can share updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you want to make the most out the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you an area where you can do so without limits. Start by creating your blog posts by making one with the text editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience, group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast there are two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public for free or make an exclusive private podcast that only your users have access to. Thrive Leads With Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are highly convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another course is not performing, an upsell is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Thrive Leads With Kajabi
You can send as many emails to the campaign you wish and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can choose which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates to help advertise your website on your behalf. Apart from paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to determine how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Thrive Leads With Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms have similar features that require more effort and time and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to persuade your customers to purchase your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build your sales funnel from the beginning
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails you will require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one There is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose one of them to pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
For pricing options, Kajabi gives an array of options for you to choose from. You can choose to cost your pupils for the products at various dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or hand them out for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a set amount for a specific product or a number of items, and establish specific dates for your customers can access within a certain time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons to encourage your customers to purchase any of your offers. Thrive Leads With Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you make and market your courses, but you also can connect to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users Live chat is available for certain times and times of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to design meaningful course content. Thrive Leads With Kajabi
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to use resources to master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their position in the course creation world. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for other tips and tricks assistance, the help section is available to help you on your way. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and market your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. A majority of them could be extremely useful to improve the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish for the lack of question type options – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, such as letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities with Kajabi regarding reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might be considering in your decision. Thrive Leads With Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market to your target audience without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price it’s easy to imagine the way Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has greater features that Kajabi, and this includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it functions. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools that are missing for example, the issuance of certificates specifically. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that gives you all you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Thrive Leads With Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile for you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course materials even when on the go. Thrive Leads With Kajabi