Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with various important features can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to advertise your courses to your intended audience, some may not have most of those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that have an editing experience so complicated that it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some that offer not just an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they also provide you with nearly everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Tribe Builder Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to create and sell your course content to your customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not only create a professional site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming score with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? It’s true that there are numerous reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to use. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From course creation to the marketing services almost all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily digestible even for those who are new in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors an advantage over the rest. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to go elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi provides all the tools anyone may need, living up its ‘one stop shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the most important attributes that you ought to be aware of when you’re thinking about it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of tools for customizing including media files, templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and other products and blogs to keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with the ability to send out e-mails as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training tools, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder why this might be an issue for those who might like to give Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of features that are included into each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you can create three products, gain an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and design websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually and is packed with all the features you could ask for when designing and selling your course. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is available on each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days offered on select blogs. If you want to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the short trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. Making content using the website and course builders hasn’t been so simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free option available either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. Tribe Builder Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the user interface (UI) is structured. If you check the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are organized into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design is clear and free of clutter, as some elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You get to create a landing page, modify your course and interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar, and allows you to search for items and tools within the site by entering the words. As previously mentioned the courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages that English for those who want to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of course or product templates or the way it calls them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content when you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design your own course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are called post categories as well as category, or. The posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, like text, videos and images, whereas the categories act as folders for the posts that are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories for posts in one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all your files to your courses on one page. This is a great option particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the different products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand including logos, images, and font designs , into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Tribe Builder Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful way to assess whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you get to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your content.
Aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature, your learners are given access to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone product or as an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for all three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with the automatic SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as choose from a variety of premium, unique themes that you can personalize to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and higher you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs and also take away all Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your own!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the content of the website which includes media files, text or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets these days it is logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile and select the element of your site you would like members to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website however you want it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi lets you create sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can share information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you the opportunity to do so without limits. You can get started with posting blog content by making one using the text editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into various categories and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts to promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes there are two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users have access to. Tribe Builder Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Tribe Builder Kajabi
You are able to create as many e-mails to your campaign as you want and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose which of your members gets to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to determine how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Tribe Builder Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s top features are the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms have similar features that require more time and effort however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners can make better use of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your email list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to convince your target customers to purchase your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for occasions when you need to advertise your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from the beginning
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates pages and emails you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You could even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one – there is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can choose to charge your students for your services at different times (one-time or subscription and several payments) or distribute them for free. You can also choose to decide if you want to charge a specified price for one product or a number of products, as well as establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a specific time frame. You can also create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy all of your products. Tribe Builder Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to make and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always available to assist you when you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users Live chat support is scheduled at specific times and on certain days of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to develop useful course content. Tribe Builder Kajabi
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to resources that you can master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their position in the field of course development. Additionally, you can attend weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of more tips and tricks the help desk is always there to guide you in the right direction. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn many sweet perks when they meet their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would have been very useful in improving the experience. Below are the items that we wish would be included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish for the lack of question type options – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are limits also.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations like the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack of features, it may make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity with Kajabi regarding reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may want to consider when making your choice. Tribe Builder Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price we can see the way Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer greater features that the other has, and this includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it works. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs use. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need to be able to create a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite, which includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few instruments that aren’t there for example, the issue of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Tribe Builder Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app to ensure that you and your subscribers can access your entire courses even while on the go. Tribe Builder Kajabi