A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with various important features can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your intended audience, others might not offer all of the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that offer editing features that are that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that offer not just the basic editing interface but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they offer nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities One of them that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: What is Kajabi? Update Instructor Kajabi
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to create and sell your course content to your customers. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but also allow them to grow to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the top online learning platforms, with an overwhelmingly positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? There are numerous reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to use. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From course creation to marketing almost all of the Kajabi features are designed to be easily accessible to those who are just getting started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over other instructors. Additionally this allows students such as you manage and build a course-making business without the need to look elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullets, of its important features that you may want to be aware of when you’re thinking about using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of tools for customizing, media files, and templates you can select depending on your preferences;
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and materials along with blogs to keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of customer service, community, and training resources and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of many of the most well-known people who are part of different sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands on thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. In the last writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who might like to give it a try. However, when you consider the number of features that are included in each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, gain an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and create a website that you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly that is loaded with all the features you could ask for when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is offered for each of the three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days offered on select blogs. If you wish to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service for this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. Making content with the website and course creator software was never this easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations. In addition to native integrations that integrate with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to connect with students in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost greater than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute the assignments or quizzes. Update Instructor Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of confusion, as certain features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You can create an online landing page, change your course and interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching, and allows you to search for specific tools and products on the site by entering the words. As previously mentioned the site builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages than English for those who want to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will be able to see a collection of product or course templates or the way it calls them, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product is different in its structure and style and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses that are usually created as a means of gaining brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure designed for an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled over an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content if you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course-maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank which allows you to design an entire course or product completely from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are known as post categories as well as category, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you put in different types of content, such as text, video, and images, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to include in your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload any of them through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in the same tab. This is a great option particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any of the themes to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your company’s image like your logo or images as well as font designs into the course player to add a your own personal style. Update Instructor Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective way to assess whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you get to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content more.
In addition aside from that, the LMS site has also been able to make strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature, your learners are given access to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone product or as part of your membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across three pricing plans. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate security and security through the automatic SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, as well as choose from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can customize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan and higher, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs as well as remove the Kajabi logos and substitute it with your own!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the available website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts from when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the components that comprise the site’s content which includes text, media files or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets it is logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your members to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi lets you create an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can post comments and updates on the content of your course. If you want to make the most the Kajabi-made website this service offers you the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by creating one with Text Editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into different categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast there are two choices: publish the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your members have access to. Update Instructor Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than simply send emails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered to their inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Update Instructor Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails to the campaign you want and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can choose the members you want the messages. E-mail management has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on your behalf. In addition to paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to determine the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. Update Instructor Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms have similar features that require much more time and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your intended public to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your product via web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build an effective sales funnel right from the beginning
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and emails you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You can even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for example changing the design to a different theme – there is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi provides you a wide range of options to select from. You can choose to make your student pay for products at different time frames (one-time or subscription and multi-payments) or hand them out at no cost. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for a single product or a number of items, and specify specific dates your customers can access within a specific time frame. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy any of your offers. Update Instructor Kajabi
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you create and market your courses however, you also have the option to connect to other third-party applications for more functions. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other important issues, anytime and anywhere. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for basic users, live chat support is scheduled for specific times and on certain days of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by many who use it to design relevant educational content. Update Instructor Kajabi
As for training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their position in the world of course design. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of other advice and tricks assistance, the help section is always there to guide you on your way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and market your course content However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. A majority of them could have been very useful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are limits too.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for custom integrations, such as having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site could make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity with Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy alternatives that you might be considering in your decision. Update Instructor Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable price range we can understand the way Podia is a great choice for DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has more industry-level functions than Kajabi, and this includes live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it functions. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs use. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few instruments that aren’t there, such as the issue of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Update Instructor Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and your subscribers can access your entire course materials even when in the move. Update Instructor Kajabi