Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have various essential features that you can use when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to promote your courses to your desired viewers, other platforms might not provide all those things. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be few that may have an editing experience that is so complicated it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that, they also offer nearly all you can think of such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look How do you define Kajabi? What Is A Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to create and sell your courses to an student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive rating from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? Well, there are quite plenty of factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s features are designed to be digestible for people who are just getting started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving instructors the added edge over others. Additionally this allows students such as you manage and build courses without having to go elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullets, of its important attributes that you ought to watch out for when you’re thinking about it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizing tools, media files, and templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and other products, as well as a blog where you can keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages and other methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of community and training materials and features, including Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. In the last time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different from other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who would like to give it a try. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed into each plan, the pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, gain up to 1000 active users, as well as design websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly, which is filled with all the features you could ask for when making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. But a 14-day free trial is available for each of the three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is also available on selected blogs. So if you want to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service for that!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points The Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. The creation of content using the site and course creator software was never this simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free option available as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. What Is A Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s user interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You can create your own landing page, alter your course and interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar and it lets you look for tools and items on the website by typing in the words. Like we said, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other that English for those who want to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will soon encounter a list of course or product templates, or, as the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version versions that have a complete structure of content designed for the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes which are planned over an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content if you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints allow you to make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create a course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you will notice an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons called groups and posts or. Posts are where you can insert different types of content, such as text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders where the posts are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to include in your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses on one tab. This can be useful particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for different products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image, such as the logo images, fonts, and design into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. What Is A Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful method of determining whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment option, you are able to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your material more.
In addition in addition, in addition, the LMS website has been able to make strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone item or as a component of your member area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content on your website’s domain or WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across all three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with the automatic SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as choose from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can customize to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan or higher, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs and also remove any Kajabi logos and substitute it with your personal brand!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts from when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that compose the site’s content, such as text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets these days it is logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile and select which site element you wish for your member learners to see. With all the necessary tools to make your site look however you want it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can publish updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you’re looking to make the most out the Kajabi-made website this service offers you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with the blog post by making one using an editor for text. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode, you have two options: either release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private version that only your members are able to access. What Is A Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your courses following checking out, a welcome message will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement What Is A Kajabi
You are able to create as many e-mails to the campaign you like and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can choose which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. The management of e-mails has never been this complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates who can help promote your content on your behalf. In addition to paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. What Is A Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features are its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more effort and time, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners can make better use of it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to persuade your audience to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct your sales funnel from beginning
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You could even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for example, to a different one The library is filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi offers customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can choose to make your student pay for products at various times (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or give them away at no cost. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for one item or for a variety of items, and specify specific dates your members can access within a certain period of time. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your target audience to buy all of your products. What Is A Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to make and market your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for more functions. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to assist you if you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour support is available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users, live chat is available at certain times and times on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to design useful course content. What Is A Kajabi
As for training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to use resources to learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their position in the course creation world. There are also daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for other tips and tricks the help desk is always there to guide you on your way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they reach their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material However, we need to address a few vital things that are not being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like that the absence of question type options – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are certain limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations for example, letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack in features it might cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities with Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might want to consider in making your choice. What Is A Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable cost it’s easy to imagine the ways Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has more industry-level functions than the other, and this includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it operates. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs to be able to create a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing like the issue of certificates, in particular. With a high cost, it might not be the right option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming a favorite among experienced creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ What Is A Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi can replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app that can be downloaded on mobile for you and your subscribers can access your entire course materials even when traveling. What Is A Kajabi