A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with many essential features that you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your target audience, some might not provide all these features. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that provide editing options so complicated that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they offer nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: How do you define Kajabi? Who Uses Kajabi Courses
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you create and sell your course content to your student audience. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? Well, there are quite numerous factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From course creation to marketing and sales almost all of Kajabi’s aspects can be easily digestible even for those who are new in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over others. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to go elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need in order to live up its ‘one stop shop label.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet form, of its important attributes that you ought to watch out for in the event you’re considering it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizing tools including media files, templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and products along with a blog where you can keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Make the most of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other effective methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of community, and training resources and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of many of the most well-known people who come from different sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who would want to give it a try. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed into each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, gain a maximum of 1 000 active clients, and design your own website you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly and is packed to the brim with every feature you’d want when designing and selling your course. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is available for all three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is available on selected blogs, so if you wish to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the short free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services for that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points is the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. The creation of content using the site and the course creator software was never so simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations. Aside from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the average monthly rates offered by other services. There’s no free plan available neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Who Uses Kajabi Courses
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s user interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design does not allow for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You can build a landing page, modify your course, and communicate with your instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar and it lets you look for specific tools and products within the site by entering the keywords. As previously mentioned the courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages that English for those who want to share your content with broader audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will soon encounter a list of product or course templates or the way it calls it, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version types with a complete content structure created to offer an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content when you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session for 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further look into the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these segments and classes are known as post categories as well as category, or. Posts are the places where you can insert different types of content, such as text, video images, and text, while the categories serve as folders for the posts that are kept.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to include in your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in one page. This is a great option especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 themes for courses. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand, such as the logo or images as well as font designs , into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Who Uses Kajabi Courses
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your material more.
In addition in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. With the Community feature, your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate feature or as an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across the three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automatic SSL certification and the support of a team to manage your website.
You also have the option to customize your domain, as well as choose from a wide array of unique, professional themes, which you can modify to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as remove all Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the given website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the site’s content which includes text, media files as well as clickable button. Sections are, however are made up of multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays it’s logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to make your site look as you wish it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can post information and comments about your course’s content. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-made site it provides a space where you can do so without limits. Start by creating the blog post by creating one using an editor for text. It is possible to include SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into various categories and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two options: either release the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your members can get access to. Who Uses Kajabi Courses
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than just send e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses following checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Who Uses Kajabi Courses
You can send as many emails to your campaigns as you wish and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can choose which of your members gets to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. Who Uses Kajabi Courses
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts are the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated problems. While other platforms offer similar features that require more time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your target customers to purchase your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build an effective sales funnel right from the ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one The library is full of 40+ pages templates you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For the pricing, Kajabi provides an array of options for you of pricing options. You can either cost your pupils for the services at different dates (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or give them away for free. You can also choose to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for one product or multiple items, and set specific dates that your members can access within a specific timeframe. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your audience to purchase any of your offers. Who Uses Kajabi Courses
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in services needed to create and market your courses, but you also have the option to connect to other third-party applications for more functions. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always available to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and times of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to design meaningful educational content. Who Uses Kajabi Courses
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to access resources that you can master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for more tips and tricks the help desk is always there to guide you on your way. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they reach their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one solution to create and market your course content However, we need to address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limits also.
- A public API key. This could be useful in making custom integrations, like the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack of features, it might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity with Kajabi regarding performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy alternatives that you might want to consider in making your choice. Who Uses Kajabi Courses
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than other. With the extremely affordable price range we can imagine how Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has higher-end features than Kajabi which includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools missing like the issue of certificates specifically. With a high price tag, it may not be the best choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Who Uses Kajabi Courses
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you do want to use this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices so that you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course content even when you’re on the go. Who Uses Kajabi Courses