Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with a variety of important features can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your desired viewers, other platforms might not offer all of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that have an editing experience so complex that they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they also provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Why Kajabi
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to create and sell your content to your student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming rating from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? It’s true that there are plenty of factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From the course creation to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors an advantage over the rest. Additionally this allows students like you run and develop a course-making business without the need to look to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need in order to live up its ‘one stop shop label.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the most important attributes that you ought to be aware of if you’re considering the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of tools for customizing, media files, and templates you can select depending on your preferences;
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and materials and your own blog to keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other viable methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with the ability to send out e-mails as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of community and training materials in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who are part of different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands on thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who be interested in giving the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of features that are included into every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, gain up to 1 000 active clients, and make your own website you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month yearly that is loaded with every feature you’d want when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. But a 14-day free trial is available for all three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days also available on selected blogs, so if you want to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, the limited trial offer is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services to do that!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the most popular features on the platform, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. The creation of content using the website and course builders hasn’t been this simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations. Apart from native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to connect with students who are enrolled in your classes. You can also network, connect, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s not a free option neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Why Kajabi
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are arranged into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for confusion, as certain features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You can build a landing page, modify your course, and even communicate with your instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar, and allows you to search for tools and items within the site by typing in the words. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other that English for those who want to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will soon encounter a list of templates for courses or products or the way it calls them, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure designed for a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses which are planned over a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content when you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a popular premium course maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints allow you to make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank which allows you to design your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons referred to as groups and posts and vice versa. The posts are where you insert various kinds of content, including text, video, and images, while the categories serve as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them either from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all your files to your courses in one page. This one is handy especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit different products. Like the outline creator, it’s easy to customize any theme to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image like your logo or images as well as font design into the course player to add a an individual touch. Why Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments are a helpful method of determining if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. Through the assessment feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your material more.
Apart from that, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also been able to make strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature students have access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone feature or as an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant security and security through an automated SSL certification and the support of a team to manage your website.
You also have the option to customize your domain, as well as choose from a variety of unique, professional themes, all of which you can customize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you can download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs as well as remove any Kajabi branding and replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that make up the content of the website which includes text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to build your site as you wish it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi lets you create a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can publish updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website it provides the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by creating one using Text Editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience, group your posts into different categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast, you have two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private one which only your subscribers can get access to. Why Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send emails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered to their inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Why Kajabi
You are able to create as many emails to the campaign you like and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can choose which members of your group are eligible the messages. Managing e-mails has never been so complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates who can help advertise your website on your behalf. Alongside paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to gauge how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Why Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features is the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require more effort and time however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to convince your target public to buy your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for whenever you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your courses by means of a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct your sales funnel from the starting
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and emails you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You can even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme The library is with more than 40 templates for landing pages that you can select from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
For price options for Kajabi, it gives customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can choose to make your student pay for products at various time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or hand them out to them for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specified price for one product or multiple products, and set specific dates that your members can access within a specific timeframe. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase any of your offers. Why Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses However, you can connect to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is available to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan and above – for basic users, live chat is available for specific times and on certain days during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to create relevant course content. Why Kajabi
As for training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to use resources to learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the course creation world. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of other information and tips, the help center is always there to guide you in the right direction. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and market your course content However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. Most of them would be extremely useful to improve the experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option, instructors who use Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like that the absence of different types of questions and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are certain limits also.
- A public API key. This could be useful for custom integrations, for example, letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But due to its high price plan, and the lack in features it might cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities with Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might be considering in your decision. Why Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, far easier than Kajabi! While you get to benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than other. But considering the very budget-friendly cost, we can understand the way Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has higher-end features than Kajabi as well as live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it works. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs make use of. It does provide the essentials anyone must need to be able to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing for example, the issuance of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the best option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Why Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course content even when you’re in the move. Why Kajabi