Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have a variety of important features can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your desired audience, some may not have most of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that have an editing experience so complicated that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also an array of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they provide you with nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: What is Kajabi? Alternatives To Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to develop and market your courses to an audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service that provides entrepreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses , but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? Well, there are quite numerous aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. First, it’s the simplicity of usage. From course creation to marketing almost all of the Kajabi features are designed to be easily digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over other instructors. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create a course-making business without having to travel elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need, living up its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points, of its important characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of customizing tools including media files, templates you can select depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to present your course content and other products along with blogs to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages and other viable methods to boost your profits, further your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to charge your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of community, and training resources and features, including Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities that are from various sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s no wonder why this might be an issue for those who would like to give it a try. With the abundance of essential features already packed in each plan, the pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, garner up to 1000 active users, as well as design your own website you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month yearly, which is filled with every feature you’d want when making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day no-cost trial is available on all three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is also available on selected blogs. So if you’re looking to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, then the brief trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes e-mail marketing and automation, are designed to be designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. Making content using the site and course creator software was never so easy and swift, and it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations. Aside from native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free option available as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. Alternatives To Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the user interface (UI) is organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design is clear and free of obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You can create an online landing page, change your course, and even communicate with your instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the form of a search bar and it lets you look for tools and items within the site by typing in the words. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other that English in case you want to share your content with broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products or what the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses that are usually created as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled over a set series of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content when you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course-maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create a course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are referred to as groups and posts and vice versa. Posts are where you insert various kinds of content, like text, videos images, and text, while the categories act as folders where the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories for posts in one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to be added to your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them either from your computer folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies, you can add all your files to your courses on one tab. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for different products. Like the outline maker, it’s simple to modify any theme to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements of your brand including logos or images as well as font designs into your course player to cultivate an individual touch. Alternatives To Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective way to assess whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. Through the assessment feature, you can choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your content more.
Aside from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS website has made strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to communicate. Through the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone feature or as an element of membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name or WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for the 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with an automated SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
You also have the option to personalize your domain and also pick from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can modify to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and above you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs, plus remove any Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your own!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the available website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts from when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the content of the website which includes media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your member learners to view. With all the necessary tools to make your site look as you wish it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi lets you create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can publish information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. Start by creating posting blog content by creating one using Text Editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into various categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading a podcast episode, you have two options: either release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast that only your members can get access to. Alternatives To Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are highly easy and straightforward to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than just send e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Alternatives To Kajabi
You are able to create as many emails to the campaign you wish and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can choose the members you want to receive these messages. The management of e-mails has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on your behalf. Apart from paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to see how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Alternatives To Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s notable features can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more effort and time, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to build your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to convince your intended audience to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for whenever you want to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your courses by means of the use of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build an effective sales funnel right from the starting
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the look of your checkout and landing pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme There is a library full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings are instantly transferred to your bank account.
For the pricing, Kajabi offers customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can choose to charge your students for your products at different dates (one-time or subscription and several payments) or give them away to them for free. You can also choose to choose whether you’re planning to charge a set amount for one item or for a variety of products, and specify specific dates your members can access within a given time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons to encourage your audience to purchase any of your offers. Alternatives To Kajabi
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses However, you have the option of connecting to third-party apps for more functions. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users live chat is available for certain times and days on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by many who use it to design relevant educational content. Alternatives To Kajabi
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides an array of options to use resources to learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their standing in the course creation world. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for more information and tips, the help center is available to help you along the way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they achieve their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one solution to create and market your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. The majority of these would have been very useful to improve the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of question type options and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are limitations also.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, like having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan, and the lack of features, it may make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may want to consider in your decision. Alternatives To Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price range we can imagine how Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that the other, and this includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it works. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs use. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some tools missing, such as the issue of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that gives you all you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Alternatives To Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” derives from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile for you and your subscribers can access all your course content even when you’re traveling. Alternatives To Kajabi