A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have a variety of important features you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your desired audience, some might not provide all these features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that provide editing options so complicated that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some that provide more than the basic editing interface but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that, they also provide you with nearly all you can think of including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: How do you define Kajabi? Jim Fortin Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to create and sell your courses to an customers. Branded as an all-in-one service that provides entrepreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not just create a professional website for your courses , but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelmingly positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? It’s true that there are plenty of reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to marketing the majority of Kajabi’s features can be digestible even for those who are new in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an advantage over other instructors. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to go to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require, living up its ‘one stop shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets of the most important features that you may want to be aware of when you’re thinking about using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizing tools, media files, and templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and products, as well as blogs to keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Effectively utilize the landing page, checkout pages and other effective ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a subscription for a month;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community, and training resources, with the addition of Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities who come from different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students from all over the world. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course creation tools in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why this might be an issue for those who want to give the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of important features included into each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, reach up to 1 000 active clients, and make a website that you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly and is packed with all the features you’d like when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. But a 14-day no-cost trial is available for each of the three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days also offered on select blogs. If you want to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, the short free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. Making content with the website and course builder software has never been so easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to connect with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Jim Fortin Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the user interface (UI) is structured. If you look at the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are arranged into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for clutter, as some aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You can create an online landing page, change your course and interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching it allows you to search for tools and items within the site by entering the words. As mentioned previously the courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other than English if you wish to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may quickly come across a variety of product or course templates, or the way it refers to them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand value, while online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content created to offer a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content if you or your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints allow you to create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create an entire course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are known as post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, such as text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses on one tab. This one is handy especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit different products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to modify any theme to fit your style. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image like your logo images, fonts, and designs into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Jim Fortin Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments option, you are able to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your material more.
Apart from that aside from that, the LMS site has also made progress in creating areas for teachers and students to communicate. With the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone item or as a component of your member space.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents to your web domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across all three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain as well as choose from a wide array of unique, professional themes, which you can modify to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and above you can import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus eliminate all Kajabi branding and replace it with your own!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the content of the website which includes text, media files or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets nowadays it’s logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like members to view. With all the tools you need to make your site look however you want it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi lets you create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post comments and updates on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most the Kajabi-made website this service offers you the opportunity to do so without limits. Start by creating posting blog content by creating one with Text Editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you wish to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into different categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast, you have two choices: publish it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private version that only your members can get access to. Jim Fortin Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are highly easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than just send e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Jim Fortin Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails to your campaigns as you want and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can even select which members of your group are eligible the messages. Managing e-mails has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to promote your content on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Jim Fortin Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated problems. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more effort and time however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to persuade your customers to purchase your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build your sales funnel from the starting
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different There is a library filled with 40+ page templates that you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings are instantly transferred to your bank account.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi gives an array of options for you of pricing options. You can either cost your pupils for the services at various time frames (one-time or subscription and several payments) or hand them out for free. You can also choose to choose whether you’re planning to charge a set amount for a single product or a number of products, and set specific dates that your customers can access within a given period of time. You can also create coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase the products you offer. Jim Fortin Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to make and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to assist you if you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for basic users, live chat is available for certain times and times of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to develop meaningful educational content. Jim Fortin Kajabi
As for tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to use resources to master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their position in the field of course development. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of other information and tips, the help center is always there to guide you along the way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. Most of them would be extremely useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of question type options – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we aren’t sure if there are limitations as well.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack of features, it could cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with commonalities to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may be considering in making your choice. Jim Fortin Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price it’s easy to imagine the way Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer higher-end features than Kajabi which includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it operates. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It sure does offer all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing, such as the issue of certificates, in particular. With a high cost, it might not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limits. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that gives you all you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Jim Fortin Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app for you and your subscribed members have access to all course content even when you’re traveling. Jim Fortin Kajabi