A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with many crucial features that can be utilized when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to market your courses to your intended viewers, other platforms might not offer all of these features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that offer editing features that are so complex that it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they also provide you with nearly everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Amy Porterfield Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to develop and market your content to your audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not only create a professional site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? It’s true that there are numerous reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to use. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From the course creation to the marketing services, nearly all of the Kajabi features are designed to be accessible to those who are new in the world of online courses. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors the added edge over other instructors. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without the need to look elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets, of its important features that you may want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and other products and your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages, and other viable methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with email marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of community, and training resources and features, including Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people who come from different sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. As of this time of writing Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who might be interested in giving it a try. However, when you consider the number of features that are included in every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, gain an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and design a website that you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded with every feature you’d want when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for all three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days available on selected blogs. So if you’re looking to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, then the brief free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. Making content with the site and the course builder software has never been so simple and fast, since it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Amy Porterfield Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the User Interface (UI) is organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are divided into five major sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for obstruction, since some of the features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You get to create an online landing page, change your course, and even communicate with your instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar, and allows you to search for tools and items on the site by typing in the words. As previously mentioned the courses and site builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages than English if you wish to share your content with broader audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products, or, as the platform calls it blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure created to offer an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes which are planned over a set series of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content if you or your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course-maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create a course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are called groups and posts or. Posts are the places where you insert various types of content, such as text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your course in one page. This can be useful especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for different products. Like the outline maker, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image like your logo or images as well as font designs , into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Amy Porterfield Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments are a helpful way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments feature, you get to choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content more.
Apart from that aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also been able to make strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature your students are able to comment and interact with any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is available as a separate feature or as part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on all three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re assured of instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your site.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as choose from a variety of premium, unique themes that you can modify to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and above you can use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus eliminate any Kajabi branding and replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts from when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the site’s content, such as media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets it is logical for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like members to view. With all the necessary tools to create your website as you wish it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can share comments and updates on your course content. If you want to make the most out the Kajabi-made website this service offers you the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by making your own using the text editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you wish to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast you can choose between two options: either release the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private podcast that only your users can get access to. Amy Porterfield Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are extremely easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent to their inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Amy Porterfield Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails to your campaigns as you want and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can even select which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. The management of e-mails has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of you. Apart from paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to see how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Amy Porterfield Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features is the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms have similar features that require much more effort and time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to convince your target customers to purchase your product by utilizing an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from the ground
Once you select from any of the blueprints for your pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and e-mails you will require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You may even change the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example changing the design to a different theme The library is filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For the pricing, Kajabi gives you a wide range to choose from. You can either cost your pupils for the products at various time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or distribute them at no cost. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for one product or a number of products, as well as set specific dates that your students can access your products within a specific timeframe. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase any of your offers. Amy Porterfield Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to make and market your courses, but you also have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to assist you if you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and times of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by many who use it to create useful course content. Amy Porterfield Kajabi
For training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to access resources that you can learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their standing in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for more tips and tricks the help desk is available to help you on your way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they meet their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material, but we have to address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish for the absence of question type options as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for creating custom integrations for example, the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan, and the lack of features, it might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity in comparison to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might think about in your decision. Amy Porterfield Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price it’s easy to see how Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than Kajabi which includes live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it functions. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs use. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs to be able to design a professional website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some tools that are missing like the issuance of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ Amy Porterfield Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribers can access your entire course materials even when on the go. Amy Porterfield Kajabi