Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with a variety of crucial features that you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your desired audience, some might not offer all of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be few that may have an editing experience so complicated that they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that offer not just the basic editing interface but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. Additionally, they also offer almost everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Upside Down
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to make and sell your courses to an customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but also allow them to grow to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? Well, there are quite plenty of factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From the course creation to the marketing services the majority of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are accessible to those who are new in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over other instructors. In addition this allows students like you run and develop a course-making business without having to travel to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form, of its important features that you may want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of tools for customizing such as media files, templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and other products along with a blog where you can keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Effectively utilize the landing page, checkout pages, and other effective methods to boost your profits, further your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to invoice your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community, and training resources, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. In the last time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who would like to give Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of features that are included within each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, gain up to 1000 active users, as well as make websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually, which is filled to the brim with every feature you’d want when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. There is however a fourteen-day trial is available. trial is available on each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts up to 30 days is available on selected blogs. If you wish to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions to do this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites up to the customized domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. Making content with the site and course creator software was never this simple and fast, since it requires less time and effort to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students in your classes. You can also make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s not a free option as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Upside Down
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are divided into five major sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for confusion, as certain features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You get to create a landing page, modify your course, and communicate with your instructors through one website.
The search assistant is a tool that is useful when you need to search for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar and allows you to search for tools and items on the site by typing in the keywords. As previously mentioned the website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other than English in case you want to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will soon encounter a list of course or product templates, or, as the platform calls it, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure that are designed to provide a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes which are planned over a set series of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course maker. But, aside from the courses, the blueprints also allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create a course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you will notice an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons called post categories as well as category, respectively. The posts are where you put in different types of content, such as text, video images, and text, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them either from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one page. This can be useful particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit various products. Like the outline maker, it’s easy to customize any theme to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand like your logo images, fonts, and designs into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Kajabi Upside Down
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective way to assess whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments option, you are able to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even create a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content more.
Apart from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website has been able to make strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone product or as an element of membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain or WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for all three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with an automated SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain as well as pick from a variety of premium, unique themes, which you can customize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you can download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs and also remove all Kajabi logos and substitute that with your own!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts we discussed when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website which includes media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets it is logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile and select the elements of your website you want for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to build your site as you wish it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can post updates and thoughts on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-created website it provides a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with posting blog content by making one using the text editor. You may include SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach or group your posts into various categories and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes you can choose between two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free or make an exclusive private one that only your members are able to access. Kajabi Upside Down
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send emails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than simply send emails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Upside Down
You can create as many emails to your campaign as you want and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can choose the members you want to receive these messages. The management of e-mails has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates who can help promote your content on your behalf. Alongside paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to see how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Upside Down
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more time and effort however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to persuade your customers to purchase your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for whenever you’re promoting your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from ground
Once you select from any of the blueprints for your pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You could even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different The library is full of 40+ page templates that you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi offers customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can charge your students for your services at various times (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or give them away to them for free. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for a specific product or a number of products, as well as specify specific dates your members can access within a specific time frame. You can also create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy any of your offers. Kajabi Upside Down
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to make and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful as it helps establish connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the only course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is available to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users live Chat support can be scheduled at specific times and on certain days on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to develop relevant educational content. Kajabi Upside Down
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to use resources to master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their standing in the world of course design. There are also daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of more information and tips, the help center is available to help you on your way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content, but we have to address a few vital things that are not being addressed. The majority of these would have been very useful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party software that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like that the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are limits too.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations like letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan and a plethora of features, it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might want to consider in making your choice. Kajabi Upside Down
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, far easier than Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price range we can understand the way Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has higher-end features than Kajabi, and this includes live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the way it operates. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It does provide the essentials anyone must need to be able to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing like the issue of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. However, we understand that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Kajabi Upside Down
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app to ensure that you and your subscribed members can access all your courses even while in the move. Kajabi Upside Down