A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have a variety of crucial features that you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to promote your courses to your intended audience, some might not offer all of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that have an editing experience so complicated that they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that, they also provide you with nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance What is Kajabi? Anchor Links Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you create and sell your content to your customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses , but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming score from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? There are plenty of factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From course creation to marketing the majority of Kajabi’s features can be digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over others. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop a course-making business without having to travel to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullets, of its important features that you may want to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of tools for customizing including media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and materials along with a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages and other effective ways to improve your profits, further your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with email marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of community and training materials, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities who come from different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students from all over the world. In the last writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who might want to give Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of features that are included into each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. In this plan, you can create three products, gain a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design your own website you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually and is packed to the brim with all the features you’d want when making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is available on all three plans. An extended trial that lasts up to 30 days is also available on certain blogs. So if you’re looking to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, the limited trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service for this!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. Making content with the site and the course builders hasn’t been so easy and quick, as it takes less effort and time to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations. Aside from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to connect with students enrolled in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Anchor Links Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design does not allow for clutter, as some features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You can create your own landing page, alter your course, and engage with other instructors through one website.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful when you need to search for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching, and it lets you look for specific tools and products within the site by typing in the keywords. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages than English for those who want to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of course or product templates or, as the platform calls it blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed in order to increase brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints allow you to create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create an entire course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons known as groups and posts or. Posts are the places where you insert various types of content including text, video, and images, while the categories act as folders for the posts that are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one tab. This is a great option particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for various products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any of the themes to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image, such as the logo, images, and font designs , into the course player to add a your own personal style. Anchor Links Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your class. Assessments are an effective way to assess if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment feature, you get to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content more.
Aside from that, the LMS website has made strides in creating areas for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone product or as part of your membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name or WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across all three pricing plans. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with an automated SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your website.
You also have the option to modify your domain and also pick from a range of unique, professional themes, which you can personalize to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and higher you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as remove any Kajabi logos and substitute that with your personal brand!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the available website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts from when we discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the site’s content which includes text, media files or clickable icons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets, it makes total sense for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by picking which site element you wish for your members to see. With all the tools you need to create your website however you want it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can publish information and comments about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-created website it provides an area where you can do so without limits. Start by creating posting blog content by making one using an editor for text. You may include SEO elements if you wish to reach a larger audience or group your posts into various categories and even customize how you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast there are two choices: publish the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private one that only your members have access to. Anchor Links Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are highly easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Anchor Links Kajabi
You can send as many emails to your campaign as you wish and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can also choose the members you want the messages. The management of e-mails has never been more comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on your behalf. Apart from paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to determine how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Anchor Links Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s top features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms provide similar features, which require more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to persuade your customers to purchase your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for whenever you want to market your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for whenever you’re promoting your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build the sales funnel you want from the ground
Once you select from any of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails you will require to create an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You can even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme There is a library with more than 40 pages templates you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
In terms of price options for Kajabi, it gives an array of options for you of options to select from. You can choose to cost your pupils for the services at various dates (one-time or subscription and multi-payments) or give them away at no cost. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specified price for a specific product or a number of products, and specify specific dates your students can access your products within a certain time frame. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your target audience to buy the products you offer. Anchor Links Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide more functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 support. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is available to assist you when you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour support is available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users live chat is available for certain times and times on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop relevant courses. Anchor Links Kajabi
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives an array of options to resources that you can learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the course creation world. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for additional information and tips, the help center is always there to guide you in the right direction. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and market your course content however, we must address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish that the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits too.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for custom integrations, like letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan and a plethora of features, it may turn some people off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may want to consider when making your choice. Anchor Links Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost beginning at just $67 per month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! While you get to benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly cost we can imagine the ways Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price, it sure does offer greater features that the other, and this includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the way it functions. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools missing, such as the issue of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for course creation but it’s not without limits. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Anchor Links Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. If you do want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and your subscribed members can access all your course materials even when traveling. Anchor Links Kajabi