Many learning management system (LMS) platforms have many crucial features that you can use when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to market classes to your desired audience, some might not offer all of the features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that offer editing features that are so complex that it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that provide more than the basic editing interface but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they also provide you with nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell How do you define Kajabi? Ashlyn Writes Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you make and sell your course content to your customers. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just create a professional site for your courses, but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelming positive rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? Well, there are quite numerous reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From course creation to the marketing services, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects can be accessible to those who are just getting started in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over the rest. In addition this allows students like you run and develop courses without the need to look elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points, of its important features that you may want to be aware of if you’re considering using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of tools for customizing, media files, and templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and products and your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages and other viable methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of community, and training resources, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. In the last time of writing Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who might want to give the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of important features included within each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, gain up to 1,000 active customers, and make a website that you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly, which is filled with all the features you’d like when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is available on all three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days available on selected blogs, so if you want to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service to do this!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. Making content using the site and the course creator software was never this easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations. Aside from native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students who are enrolled in your classes. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s no free option available either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Ashlyn Writes Kajabi
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for confusion, as certain aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You can create your own landing page, alter your course and interact with your fellow instructors through one website.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the form of a search bar, and it lets you look for tools and items within the site by typing in the words. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages than English if you wish to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may be able to see a collection of product or course templates or the way it calls them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed in order to increase brand value, while online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure created to offer the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes which are planned over a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content when you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create your own course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are known as groups and posts and vice versa. Posts are the places where you put in different types of content such as text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your course in one page. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to alter any theme to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand like your logo, images, and font designs , into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Ashlyn Writes Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great method of determining whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you can choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your material more.
Aside from that aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating areas for teachers and students to connect. With the Community feature, your students are able to comment and interact with any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone item or as a component of your member area.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents on your website’s domain or WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with an automatic SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
You also have the option to customize your domain, and also pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can modify to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business, plus take away any Kajabi logos and substitute it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts from when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content which includes media files, text or clickable icons. Sections, on the other hand, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets it’s logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile and select which site element you wish for your member learners to view. With all the tools you need to create your website how you would like it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi lets you create a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share comments and updates on the content of your course. If you want to make the most out the Kajabi-made website it provides an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by making one with Text Editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes there are two choices: publish the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private podcast that only your members have access to. Ashlyn Writes Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically to their inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Ashlyn Writes Kajabi
You can create as many e-mails to your campaigns as you want and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose the members you want the messages. The management of e-mails has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates to help promote your content on behalf of you. Alongside paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to determine the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Ashlyn Writes Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features are its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated problems. While other platforms have similar features that require much more effort and time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even beginners can make better use of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO – for when you need to convince your intended audience to buy your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your classes through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build the sales funnel you want from beginning
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the look of your checkout and landing pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme There is a library with more than 40 page templates that you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of price options for Kajabi, it provides an array of options for you of pricing options. You can charge your students for your services at different times (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or distribute them at no cost. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a set amount for a specific item or for a variety of products, and set specific dates that your customers can access within a certain timeframe. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase the products you offer. Ashlyn Writes Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses, but you also can connect to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for basic users Live chat support is scheduled for certain times and times during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to develop useful educational content. Ashlyn Writes Kajabi
As for training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the course creation world. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for additional information and tips assistance, the help section is always there to guide you in the right direction. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators are rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and promote your course content however, we must look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. A majority of them could be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will require a connection to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like that the absence of options for question types as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are limits as well.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for custom integrations, such as having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan, and the lack in features it could cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy alternatives that you might think about in making your choice. Ashlyn Writes Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and sell to your target audience without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price it’s easy to see the ways Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that the other has as well as live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it functions. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It sure does offer all the features you need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing like the issuance of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Ashlyn Writes Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi can replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you do want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course materials even when on the go. Ashlyn Writes Kajabi