A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer a variety of crucial features that can be utilized when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your target audience, others might not offer all of these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that offer editing features that are so complex that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they also offer nearly all you can think of including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance: How do you define Kajabi? Best Kajabi Alternatives
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you create and sell your courses to an audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not only create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelming rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? It’s true that there are many factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From the course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are easily digestible for people who are new in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving instructors an edge over other instructors. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create an online course without the need to look elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points of the most important characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on if you’re considering it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of tools for customizing such as media files, templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and other products along with a blog where you can keep your students updated on what’s new.
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other effective ways to improve your profits, further your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to bill your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of community, customer service, and training resources and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities who are part of different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start at just $119, it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who like to give the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of important features included into every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. This plan lets you can create three products, reach a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month yearly that is loaded with all the features you’d want when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is offered for all three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days also offered on select blogs. So if you wish to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. The creation of content using the site and the course builder software has never been so easy and quick, as it requires less time and effort to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you connect with students who are enrolled in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Best Kajabi Alternatives
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu does not allow for obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You can build your own landing page, alter your course, and communicate with your instructors through one website.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar, and it lets you look for specific tools and products on the site by typing in the search terms. Like we said that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages than English in case you want to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may be able to see a collection of product or course templates or, as the platform calls it blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure created to offer an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses which are planned over an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content if you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create a course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons called categories and posts, and vice versa. Posts are where you put in different types of content, including text, video, and images, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories for posts in one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name that you can upload all your files to your courses in the same tab. This can be useful especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit different products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your company’s image, such as the logo images, fonts, and designs into the course player to add a an individual touch. Best Kajabi Alternatives
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great way to assess if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. Through the assessment feature, you can choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content.
In addition in addition, the LMS site has also been able to make strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone item or as a part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name or WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automated SSL certification and the support of a team to manage your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain and also pick from a variety of premium, unique themes, all of which you can customize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan or higher you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs as well as eliminate the Kajabi branding and replace that with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the content of the website which includes text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets these days it’s logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile and select the element of your site you would like for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website as you wish it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can post information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you a space where you can do so without limits. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by making your own using the text editor. You may include SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into various categories and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes there are two options: either release the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private one that only your users can get access to. Best Kajabi Alternatives
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are extremely easy and straightforward to even non- marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send emails related to your course and website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another course is not performing, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Best Kajabi Alternatives
You can create as many emails to your campaigns as you like and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can choose the members you want the messages. E-mail management has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of you. Alongside paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Best Kajabi Alternatives
Another of Kajabi’s top features can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms provide similar features that require more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a set of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to persuade your customers to purchase your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for whenever you want to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from starting
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one The library is with more than 40 templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
For price options for Kajabi, it offers you a wide range of options to select from. You can either make your student pay for services at various dates (one-time or subscription and multi-payments) or hand them out for free. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a specific product or multiple items, and specify specific dates your members can access within a certain timeframe. You can also create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy the products you offer. Best Kajabi Alternatives
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to create and market your courses, but you also have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the only course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and times during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to create useful educational content. Best Kajabi Alternatives
For tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to use resources to master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their standing in the field of course development. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for more information and tips, the help center is always there to guide you along the way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they meet their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material However, we need to address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could be extremely useful to improve the experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of question type options – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations such as having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site might cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities with Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may think about when making your choice. Best Kajabi Alternatives
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! While you get to benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price it’s easy to see the ways Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a beginner-friendly price range and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than Kajabi as well as live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it functions. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs use. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to build a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing, such as the issue of certificates, in particular. With a high price tag, it may not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Best Kajabi Alternatives
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribed members can access your entire courses even while on the go. Best Kajabi Alternatives