Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have a variety of important features you can utilize when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to advertise your courses to your target viewers, other platforms might not offer all of the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that offer editing features that are so complicated that it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are some that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also an array of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they also provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Best Kajabi Sites
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you develop and market your courses to an student audience. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not only create a professional website for your courses , but let them grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive rating from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? It’s true that there are numerous aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. First, it’s the ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over other instructors. In addition this allows students like you run and develop an online course without the need to look to another place if something else is not available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require in order to live up its ‘one stop shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets of the key features that you may want to watch out for when you’re thinking about it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizing tools including media files, templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to present your course content and other products along with a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages and other methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to charge your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of customer service, community and training tools in conjunction with Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names who are part of different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. As of this writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who would be interested in giving the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of features that are included into every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, garner an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and make your own website you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly and is packed to the brim with all the features you’d want when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for all three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days also offered on select blogs. So if you want to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, then the brief trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with any other third-party service to do this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. The creation of content using the site and course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students enrolled in your classes. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s not a free option as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Best Kajabi Sites
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the User Interface (UI) is structured. If you check the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are arranged into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design is clear and free of clutter, as some elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You get to create an online landing page, change your course and communicate with your instructors through one website.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching, it allows you to search for tools and items within the site by typing in the search terms. As previously mentioned the website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages than English in case you want to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may soon encounter a list of course or product templates or, as the platform calls it blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to fit any instructor’s needs.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure designed for a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled over a set series of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content when you or your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course-maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints allow you to create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are known as post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are the places where you insert various kinds of content, such as text, video images, and text, while the categories serve as folders for the posts that are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories for posts in a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to be added to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them either from your computer folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses on the same tab. This one is handy particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit various products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to modify any of the themes to fit your style. You can even incorporate details of your brand like your logo or images as well as font designs into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Best Kajabi Sites
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments are an effective method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment option, you are able to choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your content more.
Aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also been able to make strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone feature or as an element of membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for all 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with the automatic SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain as well as pick from a range of unique, professional themes, which you can modify to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs and also remove all Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your personal brand!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the available website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts from when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the content of the website including text, media files or clickable icons. Sections, on the other hand are made up of multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays it’s logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like members to view. With all the tools you need to create your website however you want it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can publish updates and thoughts on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out the Kajabi-made website it provides an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with the blog post by creating one using an editor for text. You can include SEO elements if you want to expand your reach or group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast you can choose between two options: release it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private one that only your users are able to access. Best Kajabi Sites
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are highly user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than sending e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Best Kajabi Sites
You can create as many emails to your campaign as you wish and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can choose which members of your group are eligible the messages. Managing e-mails has never been more complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help promote your content on behalf of you. Alongside paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to determine the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Best Kajabi Sites
Another of Kajabi’s top features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more time and effort and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to persuade your audience to buy your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from ground
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and emails you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You can even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different – there is a library with more than 40 page templates that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For the pricing, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can choose to cost your pupils for the products at various time frames (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or hand them out at no cost. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a set amount for a specific product or a number of items, and specify specific dates your students can access your products within a specific timeframe. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase the products you offer. Best Kajabi Sites
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you create and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for more functions. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to assist you when you’re struggling to create a course or page among other important issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and days on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to design relevant courses. Best Kajabi Sites
For tools for training, Kajabi gives you a variety of ways to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them get started or increase their position in the field of course development. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for more information and tips, the help center is available to help you along the way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and market your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. Here are the following things we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish for the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are limits as well.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations such as having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might think about in making your choice. Best Kajabi Sites
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than the other. With the extremely affordable price it’s easy to imagine the way Podia is a great choice for DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than the other has, and this includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can use. It certainly has the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing like the issue of certificates in particular. With a high price tag, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Best Kajabi Sites
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course content even when you’re on the go. Best Kajabi Sites