A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer various crucial features that you can utilize when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to promote classes to your intended viewers, other platforms might not offer all of those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that have an editing experience so complicated that they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they also offer nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Better Than Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you make and sell your courses to an student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? Well, there are quite numerous reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be digestible for people who are new in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over the rest. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop courses without having to travel to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullets of the most important features that you may want to watch out for if you’re considering using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizable tools, media files, and templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and other products, as well as a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Effectively utilize the landing page, checkout pages and other methods to boost your profits, further your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of community, and training resources in conjunction with Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names that are from various sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. As of this writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who be interested in giving Kajabi a go. With the abundance of important features included within each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, garner an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as create your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly and is packed with every feature you could ask for when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. However, a 14-day free trial is offered for all three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is available on certain blogs. So if you wish to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. The creation of content using the site and course builders hasn’t been this easy and quick, as it requires less effort and time to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations. Apart from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students who are enrolled in your classes. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly distribute the assignments or quizzes. Better Than Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for confusion, as certain aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You can create your own landing page, alter your course and engage with other instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching and it lets you look for specific tools and products on the website by typing in the keywords. As previously mentioned the site builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other than English in case you want to share your content with broader audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products, or, as the platform calls it blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created as a means of gaining brand value, while online Courses are full-version courses with a complete content structure designed for a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled for a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content when you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course-maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create your own course or product from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons called post categories as well as category, respectively. The posts are where you put in different types of content like text, videos and images, whereas the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories for posts in a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to include in your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies, you can add all your files to your courses in one tab. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting various themes for the various products. Like the outline creator, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image, such as the logo or images as well as font designs , into the course player to add a a personal touch. Better Than Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great way to assess if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment option, you are able to choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your content.
Aside from that, in addition, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to connect. With the Community feature, your students are able to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone feature or as an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name as well as WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on all 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant safety and security with an automated SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your site.
You also have the option to personalize your domain as well as choose from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can modify to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs as well as remove any Kajabi branding and replace that with your own!
Like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the website themes with a suite of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website which includes text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets nowadays it’s logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like members to view. With all the necessary tools to create your website as you wish it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post comments and updates on the content of your course. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you a space where you can do so without limits. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by creating your own using an editor for text. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience, group your posts into different categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two options: release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private version that only your users are able to access. Better Than Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are supremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than sending e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing, an upsell is sent to suggest improvement Better Than Kajabi
You are able to create as many emails to your campaign as you want and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can also choose the members you want the messages. Managing e-mails has never been more complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates in order to advertise your website on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to gauge how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Better Than Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features are the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more effort and time, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners can make better use of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a set of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your target public to buy your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your courses by means of the use of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create your sales funnel from beginning
Once you select from any of the blueprints for your pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You can even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one The library is with more than 40 pages templates you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
For pricing options, Kajabi provides customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can cost your pupils for the products at various dates (one-time or subscription and multi-payments) or give them away for free. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for one product or multiple products, as well as establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a given time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy any of your offers. Better Than Kajabi
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to make and market your courses however, you also can connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is available to assist you when you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users Live chat support is scheduled at certain times and days during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to create relevant courses. Better Than Kajabi
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the course creation world. There are also every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of more information and tips assistance, the help section is available to help you in the right direction. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and promote your course content, but we have to address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could have been very useful to improve the experience. Below are the items that we wish would be included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish for the lack of question type options and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities with Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy alternatives that you might think about in making your choice. Better Than Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features It’s a lot lighter than Kajabi. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price we can understand how Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than the other has, and this includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it operates. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs make use of. It certainly has all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite, which includes the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there, such as the issuance of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Better Than Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribed members can access your entire courses even while on the go. Better Than Kajabi