Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with various important features you can utilize when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your target audience, others might not provide all those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may have an editing experience that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. Additionally, they also provide you with nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Brendon Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to develop and market your courses to an student audience. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not just create a professional site for your courses, but let them grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? There are plenty of reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation to marketing and sales almost all of the Kajabi features are designed to be easily accessible to those who are just getting started in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over the rest. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop a course-making business without having to travel to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need in order to live up its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points, of its important characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of tools for customizing such as media files, templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and materials and a blog where you can keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages, and other effective methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to bill your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with email marketing as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training materials, with the addition of Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people that are from various sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. As of this writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who would like to give it a try. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed into each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, gain an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and design a website that you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing emails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually, which is filled to the brim with all the features you could ask for when designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is available for all three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is available on certain blogs. If you’re looking to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are optimized for businessuse, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions to do this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the most popular features on the platform, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From the creation of professional-looking courses up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. Making content using the site and course builder software has never been this simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students who are enrolled in your classes. You can also make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free option available neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Brendon Kajabi
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the users interface (UI) is structured. If you check the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The menu’s design does not allow for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” trademark. You can create your own landing page, alter your course and communicate with your instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar and it lets you look for tools and items within the website by typing in the search terms. Like we said that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages that English if you wish to share your content with broader audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may quickly come across a variety of product or course templates, or the way it calls it blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses that are usually created as a means of gaining brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content designed for an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses which are planned over an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content when you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course-maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create your own course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you will notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons known as groups and posts and vice versa. Posts are where you insert various kinds of content, including text, video and images, whereas the categories function as folders in which the posts are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all your files to your courses in the same tab. This can be useful especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for different products. Like the outline maker, it’s easy to customize any theme to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image like your logo images, fonts, and design into the course player to add a your own personal style. Brendon Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments are an effective way to assess if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment feature, you can choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your content more.
In addition, in addition, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to communicate. Through the Community feature students have access to comment and interact with any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is offered as a separate item or as a component of your member area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, as well as pick from a range of premium, unique themes, which you can customize to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs as well as take away the Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your own!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re essentially like post categories, and categories we discussed when we discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content, such as media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets these days it is logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile and select which site element you wish members to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website as you wish it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi lets you create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post information and comments on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you a space where you can do so without limits. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by making your own using the text editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode, you have two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private one which only your subscribers have access to. Brendon Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are highly easy and straightforward to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails about your course and website to your subscribed member students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than simply send emails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically to their inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Brendon Kajabi
You can create as many e-mails to the campaign you want and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose the members you want to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of you. Alongside paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Brendon Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms have similar features that require much more time and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you select from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to convince your intended customers to purchase your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build an effective sales funnel right from beginning
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the look of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme – there is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it gives you a wide range of options to select from. You can either charge your students for your products at different times (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or hand them out at no cost. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for a specific product or multiple items, and specify specific dates your customers can access within a specific period of time. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy any of your offers. Brendon Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you make and market your courses however, you also can connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users Live chat support is scheduled for specific times and on certain days on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to develop relevant courses. Brendon Kajabi
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to access resources that you can master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for more information and tips assistance, the help section is always there to guide you along the way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they achieve their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish for the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are limitations as well.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations like letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in features it might cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity with Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might want to consider in your decision. Brendon Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable cost we can understand how Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has greater features that the other as well as live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it works. But, we need to appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There are a few instruments that aren’t there for example, the issue of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. That doesn’t stop it, but it is an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ Brendon Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and your subscribers can access your entire course content even when you’re on the go. Brendon Kajabi