Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have a variety of crucial features that you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your intended audience, some might not offer all of the features. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that provide editing options that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also an array of sales and marketing functions. Additionally, they also provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: What is Kajabi? David Bayer Kajabi
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you develop and market your courses to an audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses , but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and is regarded as one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? Well, there are quite plenty of factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales the majority of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily digestible even for those who are new in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over the rest. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop courses without the need to look elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require, living up the ‘one-stop-shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets of the key features that you may want to be aware of in the event you’re considering the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizable tools, media files, and templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and other products, as well as blogs to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other viable methods to increase your profits, further your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to bill your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of community and training tools in conjunction with Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of many of the most well-known people who come from different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands on thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who would be interested in giving the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of important features included into each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. In this plan, you can create three products, garner up to 1,000 active customers, and create your own website you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing emails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually, which is filled with every feature you’d want when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day trial is available. trial is available for each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days available on selected blogs. So if you want to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the limited free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions for that!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From the creation of professional-looking courses up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. Making content using the site and the course builders hasn’t been so simple and fast, since it requires less time and effort to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations. In addition to native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to connect with students in any of your courses. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s no free option available either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize tests or assignments. David Bayer Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course and engage with other instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar, it allows you to search for specific tools and products on the site by entering the words. As previously mentioned the courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other than English in case you want to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of product or course templates, or what the platform calls them blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs which are planned over an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content if you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a popular premium course maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are referred to as categories and posts, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you can insert different kinds of content, including text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files to include in your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in the same tab. This can be useful particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit different products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image including logos or images as well as font design into your course player to cultivate an individual touch. David Bayer Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment feature, you get to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your content more.
Aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made progress in creating areas for students and teachers to connect. With the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone feature or as an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents to your web domain or WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with the automatic SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You also have the option to personalize your domain as well as choose from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can modify to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as take away all Kajabi branding and replace that with your personal brand!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the website themes with a suite of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts that we’ve discussed when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the content of the website, such as text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections are, however are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets these days it’s logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your member learners to view. With all the tools you need to build your site how you would like it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can publish updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website it provides the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by creating your own using the text editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you wish to reach a larger audience or group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes, you have two options: release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private version that only your users are able to access. David Bayer Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are highly convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than simply send emails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For instance, if your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered to their inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement David Bayer Kajabi
You are able to create as many emails to your campaign as you want and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can choose the members you want to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates who can help advertise your website on behalf of you. Alongside paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to see how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. David Bayer Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features can be its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features that require more time and effort however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to persuade your customers to purchase your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to market your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build your sales funnel from ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to look to your customers. You could even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different The library is full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose one of them to pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi provides an array of options for you of pricing options. You can choose to make your student pay for products at different time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or distribute them at no cost. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a specific item or for a variety of items, and specify specific dates your members can access within a given period of time. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy any of your offers. David Bayer Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you make and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for more functions. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to assist you when you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for Basic users, live chat is available for certain times and times on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to create relevant courses. David Bayer Kajabi
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their position in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of additional information and tips the help desk will be there to help you on your way. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn numerous sweet rewards when they reach their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish for the absence of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are limits too.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, like the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack of features, it might cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities with Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may think about in your decision. David Bayer Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and sell to your target audience without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, far easier than Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features It’s a lot lighter than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly price, we can see the way Podia is a great choice for DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price, it sure does offer greater features that the other has as well as live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it functions. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs make use of. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing for example, the issue of certificates, in particular. With a high cost, it might not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for creating courses, it will always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ David Bayer Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you want to use this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile for you and your subscribers can access all your course materials even when traveling. David Bayer Kajabi