Many learning management system (LMS) platforms have a variety of important features you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your intended viewers, other platforms might not offer all of these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may provide editing options so complicated that they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are some which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they offer nearly everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? The Freelance Movement Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you develop and market your courses to an customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses , but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelming positive score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? It’s true that there are many reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From the course creation to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are digestible for people who are new in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over other instructors. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create a course-making business without having to go elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi provides all the tools anyone may need and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points of the key characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on if you’re considering the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizing tools, media files, and templates you can select according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and materials and your own blog to keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages and other effective methods to boost your profits, further your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of community, and training resources in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people who come from different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands on thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. As of this time of writing Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who be interested in giving the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed in every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, garner a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as create websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there is the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month yearly, which is filled to the brim with all the features you’d want when making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. However, a 14-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days available on certain blogs. So if you’re looking to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. Making content with the site and course builder software has never been so easy and quick, as it requires less time and effort to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the typical monthly prices offered by other services. There’s no free plan available either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. The Freelance Movement Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the User Interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design is clear and free of clutter, as some aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course, and even engage with other instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching, and it lets you look for specific tools and products within the site by entering the keywords. Like we said the courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other that English in case you want to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may be able to see a collection of course or product templates, or what the platform calls them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content created to offer a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses which are planned over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content when you or your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course-maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints let you create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you will notice an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are called post categories as well as category, and vice versa. Posts are where you put in different types of content including text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders where the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name that you can upload all your files to your courses in the same tab. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for various products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any theme to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand, such as the logo, images, and font designs , into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. The Freelance Movement Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful way to determine if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment feature, you get to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your material more.
Aside from that in addition, in addition, the LMS site has also been able to make strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to connect. With the Community feature, students have access to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone product or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on all three pricing plans. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can personalize to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and above you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs as well as remove the Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your own!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the available website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts we discussed when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website including text, media files as well as clickable button. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like for your member learners to view. With all the necessary tools to build your site however you want it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can post updates and thoughts on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-made site it provides a space where you can do so without limits. Start by creating your blog posts by creating one with an editor for text. You can incorporate SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes there are two choices: publish the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users have access to. The Freelance Movement Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails about your course and website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than simply send emails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For instance, if your student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically to their inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement The Freelance Movement Kajabi
You are able to create as many e-mails to the campaign you wish and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose which of your members gets to receive these messages. The management of e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help advertise your website on your behalf. Apart from paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to gauge how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. The Freelance Movement Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms have similar features that require more time and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your target audience to buy your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build an effective sales funnel right from the starting
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and emails you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You can even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different The library is full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can select from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
For price options for Kajabi, it provides an array of options for you of options to select from. You can cost your pupils for the services at different dates (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or distribute them for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specified price for a single item or for a variety of products, and establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a given period of time. Additionally, you can create coupons to encourage your target audience to buy the products you offer. The Freelance Movement Kajabi
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in services needed to make and market your courses, but you also have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s one of the only course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always available to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users, live chat is available at specific times and on certain days of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to create relevant educational content. The Freelance Movement Kajabi
For tools to train, Kajabi provides an array of options to use resources to master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their standing in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for other tips and tricks, the help center will be there to help you on your way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they reach their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and market your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. Most of them would have been very useful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of different types of questions and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are limitations too.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora of features, it could make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with commonalities with Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may want to consider when making your choice. The Freelance Movement Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without worrying about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price, we can imagine how Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than the other has which includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs make use of. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools missing, such as the issuance of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the best choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ The Freelance Movement Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices for you and the members who have subscribed can access all your course content even when you’re on the go. The Freelance Movement Kajabi