A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have various crucial features that can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to promote classes to your intended audience, others may not have most of these features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be few that may offer editing features that are so complex that it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are some that provide more than the basic editing interface but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they also provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: What is Kajabi? Diana Zuluaga Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to make and sell your course content to your customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not only create a professional website for your courses but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? There are numerous aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to the marketing services, nearly all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are accessible to those who are new in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors an advantage over others. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop courses without the need to look elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require in order to live up its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullets of the most important features that you may want to keep an eye on if you’re considering it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to present your course content and products along with your own blog to keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages and other methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service and training tools and features, including Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people who come from different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students from across the globe. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation tools in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder why this might be an issue for those who like to give Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of important features included within every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, gain an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded with all the features you could ask for when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. However, a 14-day free trial is available on all three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is available on selected blogs. If you wish to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions for this!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. Making content using the site and course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it requires less time and effort to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to connect with students in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the average monthly rates offered by other services. There’s not a free option neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly distribute the assignments or quizzes. Diana Zuluaga Kajabi
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the users interface (UI) is structured. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of clutter, as some features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” trademark. You can create a landing page, modify your course and engage with other instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar, and it lets you look for tools and items on the website by typing in the search terms. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other than English in case you want to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products, or what the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining brand value, while online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure created to offer the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank which allows you to design an entire course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further look into the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are called categories and posts, respectively. Posts are the places where you put in different types of content, including text, video and images, whereas the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to be added to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one tab. This can be useful particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit different products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to alter any theme to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your company’s image like your logo images, fonts, and designs , into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Diana Zuluaga Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great way to assess whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment feature, you can choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your material more.
Apart from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to connect. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature is available as a separate feature or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with an automatic SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as choose from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can personalize to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan and higher, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs and also eliminate the Kajabi branding and replace it with your personal brand!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to modify any of the website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories we discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the content of the website including media files, text or clickable icons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets these days it is logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile and select the element of your site you would like members to see. With all the tools you need to build your site how you would like it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can publish updates and thoughts on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most out the Kajabi-made website this service offers you the opportunity to do so without limits. Start by creating your blog posts by making one using an editor for text. You can incorporate SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes there are two options: either release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private one that only your members are able to access. Diana Zuluaga Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are extremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than just send e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Diana Zuluaga Kajabi
You can create as many e-mails to your campaigns as you wish and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can choose which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to promote your content on your behalf. Apart from paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. Diana Zuluaga Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s top features is its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This stunning feature lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to convince your target public to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to market your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build the sales funnel you want from the starting
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails you will require to create an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You could even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one The library is with more than 40 pages templates you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it offers you a wide range of options to select from. You can choose to make your student pay for products at different dates (one-time or subscription and multiple payments) or distribute them to them for free. You can also choose to decide if you want to charge a set amount for a single product or multiple products, and specify specific dates your customers can access within a specific period of time. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase any of your offers. Diana Zuluaga Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to make and market your courses However, you have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to assist you when you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for basic users Live chat support is scheduled at certain times and times during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to develop meaningful course content. Diana Zuluaga Kajabi
As for training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to resources that you can master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the course creation world. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for additional tips and tricks, the help center will be there to help you along the way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they reach their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and market your course content However, we need to take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. Below are the items that we wish would be included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like for the absence of question type options as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we aren’t sure if there are certain limits as well.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations for example, the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora in features it may turn some people off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might be considering in your decision. Diana Zuluaga Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price range it’s easy to see how Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than the other, and this includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it operates. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs make use of. It certainly has all the features you need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few instruments that aren’t there like the issuance of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the right option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, but it is a favorite among experienced creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Diana Zuluaga Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” derives from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app for you and your subscribed members can access your entire course content even when you’re in the move. Diana Zuluaga Kajabi