Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer various crucial features that you can utilize when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your target audience, others might not provide all the features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that provide editing options so complicated that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also an array of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that, they also offer nearly all you can think of including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Do I Need Convert Kit If I Use Kajabi?
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you create and sell your content to your customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not only create a professional site for your courses, but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelming rating with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? Well, there are quite many factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From course creation to marketing almost all of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are easily digestible for people who are just getting started in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over others. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop a course-making business without the need to look to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points of the most important features that you may want to watch out for if you’re considering the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of tools for customizing such as media files, templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and products, as well as your own blog to keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages and other effective methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to charge your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of community, and training resources and features, including Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities who are part of different sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. In the last time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who might be interested in giving it a try. However, when you consider the number of features that are included within each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, reach a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design a website that you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly, which is filled with all the features you could ask for when it comes to designing and selling your course. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days offered on select blogs. If you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you don’t have to connect with other third-party services for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. Making content with the site and the course creator software was never so easy and swift, and it requires less effort and time to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations. Apart from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s not a free option either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Do I Need Convert Kit If I Use Kajabi?
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the User Interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are divided into five major sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” trademark. You can build a landing page, modify your course, and engage with other instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar, it allows you to search for tools and items within the website by typing in the search terms. As previously mentioned the website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages than English for those who want to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of product or course templates, or the way it calls them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand value, while Online Courses are full-version types with a complete content structure created to offer an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons referred to as post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are the places where you insert various types of content such as text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders for the posts that are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies that you can upload all your files to your courses on one page. This can be useful particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting various themes for the different products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any theme to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image including logos images, fonts, and designs into your course player to cultivate an individual touch. Do I Need Convert Kit If I Use Kajabi?
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment option, you are able to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your content.
Aside from that, in addition, the LMS website has been able to make strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone feature or as component of your member space.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re assured of instant safety and security with an automatic SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your site.
You also have the option to personalize your domain and also pick from a wide array of unique, professional themes that you can customize to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and above you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business, plus remove the Kajabi logos and substitute that with your personal brand!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts from when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website which includes text, media files or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets nowadays, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your members to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post information and comments about your course’s content. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you a space where you can do so without limits. It is possible to begin with the blog post by creating one using an editor for text. You can incorporate SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach or group your posts into various categories and even customize how you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes you can choose between two options: release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private podcast which only your subscribers are able to access. Do I Need Convert Kit If I Use Kajabi?
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are highly easy and straightforward to even non- marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than simply send emails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing, an upsell is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Do I Need Convert Kit If I Use Kajabi?
You can send as many e-mails to the campaign you like and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can even select which members of your group are eligible the messages. The management of e-mails has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates who can help advertise your website on behalf of you. Apart from paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to gauge how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Do I Need Convert Kit If I Use Kajabi?
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more time and effort however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option whenever you want to convince your target customers to purchase your product by utilizing the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your product via web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from ground
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and emails you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the look of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different The library is with more than 40 page templates that you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings are instantly transferred to your bank account.
For price options for Kajabi, it offers customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can either make your student pay for products at various time frames (one-time or subscription and several payments) or distribute them for free. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a set amount for a specific product or multiple products, and establish specific dates for your customers can access within a specific time frame. You can also create coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase the products you offer. Do I Need Convert Kit If I Use Kajabi?
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to create and market your courses However, you can connect to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. Contrary to similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to assist you when you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for Basic users, live chat is available at certain times and times during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to design useful course content. Do I Need Convert Kit If I Use Kajabi?
For tools for training, Kajabi gives an array of options to use resources to master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their position in the world of course design. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring leading experts from different fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of other information and tips, the help center is always there to guide you on your way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one solution to create and market your course content however, we must address a few vital things that are not being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi frequently will require a connection to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we’d like for the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limits as well.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for custom integrations, like letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack in features it could turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity in comparison to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may be considering in making your choice. Do I Need Convert Kit If I Use Kajabi?
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without worrying about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than other. With the extremely affordable price it’s easy to see the way Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that the other which includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it functions. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs use. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing, such as the issue of certificates, in particular. With a high cost, it might not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Do I Need Convert Kit If I Use Kajabi?
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribed members can access your entire courses even while in the move. Do I Need Convert Kit If I Use Kajabi?