Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer various essential features that you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your target audience, others might not offer all of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may provide editing options that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also an array of marketing and sales functions. Additionally, they also offer nearly everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell How do you define Kajabi? Dr. Pernell Kajabi
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you create and sell your course content to your customers. Branded as an all-in-one service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelmingly positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? It’s true that there are plenty of reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales the majority of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be digestible even for those who are just getting started in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over other instructors. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create a course-making business without the need to look elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points, of its important characteristics that you might want to be aware of if you’re considering the option. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizing tools including media files, templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and materials, as well as blogs to keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages, and other viable ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of customer service, community and training tools and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. At the time of writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different from other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who might want to give Kajabi a go. With the abundance of important features included in each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, gain an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and create your own website you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing emails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there is the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually and is packed to the brim with every feature you could ask for when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day free trial is available for all three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days also available on selected blogs, so if you’re looking to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the limited trial period is the ideal method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions for this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content using the website and course creator software was never so easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free option available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Dr. Pernell Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the users interface (UI) is structured. If you check the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” trademark. You can create an online landing page, change your course, and engage with other instructors through one website.
The search assistant is a tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching, and allows you to search for items and tools within the site by typing in the search terms. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages that English in case you want to present your content to wider audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of course or product templates, or the way it calls it, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version types with a complete content structure created to offer an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content if you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints let you make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are called post categories as well as category, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you insert various types of content including text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders where the posts are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to include in your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses in the same tab. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 themes for courses. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s easy to customize any theme to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand, such as the logo or images as well as font designs , into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Dr. Pernell Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments feature, you get to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your material more.
Apart from that, in addition, the LMS site has also been able to make strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to interact. With the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone item or as a part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents with your domain name as well as WordPress site when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You also have the option to personalize your domain as well as pick from a range of unique, professional themes that you can modify to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as take away all Kajabi branding and replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like post categories, and categories from when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website which includes text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets these days it is logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by picking the elements of your website you want members to view. With all the tools you need to build your site as you wish it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post information and comments on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out the Kajabi-made website this service offers you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. Start by creating posting blog content by making one using Text Editor. You may include SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into various categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast there are two options: release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast that only your members are able to access. Dr. Pernell Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are highly convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically to their inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement Dr. Pernell Kajabi
You can create as many e-mails to the campaign you like and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates who can help advertise your website on your behalf. In addition to paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Dr. Pernell Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s standouts are the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms have similar features that require more effort and time, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for when you need to convince your intended customers to purchase your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your product via web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your classes through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build your sales funnel from the beginning
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails you will require to create an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You can even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different There is a library with more than 40 page templates that you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn are immediately sent to your bank account.
In terms of price options for Kajabi, it gives customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can choose to make your student pay for services at different time frames (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or hand them out for free. You can also choose to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for one item or for a variety of products, as well as specify specific dates your members can access within a certain time frame. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy all of your products. Dr. Pernell Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you create and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the only course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for Basic users, live chat is available at certain times and days during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to design relevant educational content. Dr. Pernell Kajabi
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to resources that you can master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their position in the field of course development. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of additional information and tips, the help center will be there to help you in the right direction. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they reach their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and market your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could be extremely useful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish for the lack of options for question types and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits too.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack of features, it might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities with Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might think about in making your choice. Dr. Pernell Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the cost that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than other. But considering the very budget-friendly price it’s easy to understand the ways Podia is a great choice for DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for them. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer greater features that Kajabi as well as live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it works. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs make use of. It certainly has all the features you need to be able to create a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite, which includes the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some tools missing, such as the issuance of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Dr. Pernell Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices for you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire courses even while in the move. Dr. Pernell Kajabi