Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have a variety of important features you can use when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to promote classes to your target audience, others might not provide all these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that have an editing experience so complex that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they also offer nearly all you can think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: What is Kajabi? Emily Osmond Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to develop and market your course content to your customers. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? Well, there are quite many aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. First, it’s the ease of use. From course creation to marketing and sales the majority of Kajabi’s features are designed to be easily digestible even for those who are just getting started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an edge over other instructors. In addition it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop a course-making business without having to travel elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need in order to live up its ‘one stop shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets of the key characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on if you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of tools for customizing such as media files, templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to present your course content and products along with blogs to keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other effective methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of customer service, community and training materials, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names that are from various industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who like to give it a try. However, when you consider the number of important features included in every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, garner up to 1000 active users, as well as create a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly and is packed to the brim with every feature you could ask for when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day no-cost trial is available on all three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days available on selected blogs, so if you’re looking to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the limited trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service to do this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platform’s best-selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content with the site and course creator software was never this easy and swift, and it requires less effort and time to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you connect with students in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s not a free option as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Emily Osmond Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the user interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You can create a landing page, modify your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching and allows you to search for specific tools and products within the site by typing in the keywords. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages than English for those who want to present your content to wider audience.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation function, you may quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products, or, as the platform calls it, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure designed for the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes which are planned over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content if you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course-maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints also allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design a course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are known as post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are the places where you can insert different types of content, including text, video images, and text, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are kept.
You can also include subcategories of posts under one category in order to structure your content flexibly. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload all of them directly from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
As with a handful of other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one page. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for various products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to modify any theme to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand, such as the logo or images as well as font designs , into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Emily Osmond Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your course. Assessments are a helpful method of determining whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments feature, you get to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your content.
Apart from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to communicate. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is available as a separate product or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name or WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with the automatic SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to modify your domain and also pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can modify to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and above you can download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs as well as remove any Kajabi logos and substitute that with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the given website themes with a suite of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts from when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content which includes text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing which site element you wish for your member learners to see. With all the necessary tools to make your site look however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you an area where you can do so without limits. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by making one using Text Editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach, group your posts into different categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast you can choose between two options: either release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private version that only your users are able to access. Emily Osmond Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are highly user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than sending e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Emily Osmond Kajabi
You can create as many e-mails to the campaign you wish and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. The management of e-mails has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to advertise your website on behalf of you. Alongside paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. Emily Osmond Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more time and effort and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to build your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to convince your target customers to purchase your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct your sales funnel from starting
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You could even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example, to a different one – there is a library full of 40+ page templates that you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For pricing options, Kajabi provides you a wide range of pricing options. You can cost your pupils for the services at various dates (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or distribute them for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for a single item or for a variety of products, as well as establish specific dates for your customers can access within a certain timeframe. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy all of your products. Emily Osmond Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you develop and promote your courses However, you have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s one of the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Contrary to similar services the Kajabi customer support team is available to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users Live chat is available at certain times and days on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to create relevant course content. Emily Osmond Kajabi
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to use resources to master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the course creation world. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for other tips and tricks assistance, the help section will be there to help you along the way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content however, we must take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could be extremely useful to improve the experience. Below are the items we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish for the lack of different types of questions and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal can be accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are limits also.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, like letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site might make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may be considering in making your choice. Emily Osmond Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price, we can imagine how Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a beginner-friendly price range and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that Kajabi as well as live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs make use of. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need to be able to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools missing, such as the issuance of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the best option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Emily Osmond Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire courses even while traveling. Emily Osmond Kajabi