A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with a variety of essential features that you can use when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to market classes to your intended audience, others may not have most of those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may have an editing experience that is so complicated it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they also offer nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell How do you define Kajabi? Example Kajabi Sites
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to develop and market your courses to an customers. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? It’s true that there are plenty of reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to use. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From course creation to the marketing services the majority of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are easily accessible to those who are just getting started in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over other instructors. Lastly this allows students like you to run and create an online course without having to travel to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the most important features that you may want to be aware of if you’re considering it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of tools for customizing, media files, and templates you can select depending on your preferences;
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and products along with blogs to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages, and other effective methods to increase your profits, further your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of customer service, community and training materials, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people who come from different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who might like to give the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of features that are included in every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo for billing annually. With this tier, you can create three products, gain up to 1 000 active clients, and make a website that you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly, which is filled to the brim with all the features you could ask for when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is available on all three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days available on selected blogs, so if you want to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the limited trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services to do this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. The creation of content using the website and course creator software was never so easy and quick, as it takes less effort and time to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations. Apart from native integrations that integrate with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s not a free option as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Example Kajabi Sites
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the user interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are arranged into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course and interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the form of a search bar it allows you to search for tools and items within the site by typing in the keywords. Like we said the site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages that English in case you want to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of course or product templates or what the platform calls them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure designed for the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled over a set series of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content when you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course-maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create your own course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons known as categories and posts, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you put in different types of content, such as text, video and images, whereas the categories function as folders in which the posts are kept.
You may also incorporate subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies that you can upload all your files to your courses in one page. This can be useful especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details of your brand like your logo or images as well as font designs into the course player to add a an individual touch. Example Kajabi Sites
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your class. Assessments are an effective method of determining if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment feature, you get to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your material more.
Apart from that in addition, in addition, the LMS website has made progress in creating areas for teachers and students to communicate. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is offered as a separate product or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to modify your domain and also pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can customize to your heart’s content! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus eliminate all Kajabi logos and substitute that with your own!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the given themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories we discussed when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the content of the website, such as text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays it’s logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking which site element you wish for your members to view. With all the tools you need to make your site look how you would like it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi lets you create an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can share comments and updates on the content of your course. If you want to make the most of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. You can get started with posting blog content by making one with an editor for text. You can include SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach or group your posts into various categories and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes, you have two choices: publish it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your members can get access to. Example Kajabi Sites
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are supremely easy and straightforward to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails about your course and website to your subscribed member students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than simply send emails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For instance, if your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered to their inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Example Kajabi Sites
You are able to create as many e-mails for your campaign as you want and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can even select which of your members gets to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help advertise your website on behalf of you. Apart from paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to gauge how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Example Kajabi Sites
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more time and effort and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even beginners can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to persuade your customers to purchase your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your courses by means of a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from starting
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You may even change the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme There is a library full of 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi gives an array of options for you of options to select from. You can cost your pupils for the services at different dates (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or give them away at no cost. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a set amount for one product or multiple items, and specify specific dates your members can access within a specific timeframe. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase any of your offers. Example Kajabi Sites
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses However, you can connect to third-party apps for more functions. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always available to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for basic users, live chat support is scheduled for certain times and times on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to develop meaningful educational content. Example Kajabi Sites
For tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to use resources to master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the field of course development. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of other tips and tricks the help desk is available to help you on your way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they reach their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and market your course content however, we must take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limitations too.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, like having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in features it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities in comparison to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might want to consider in your decision. Example Kajabi Sites
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market to your target audience without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features It’s a lot lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable price range, we can understand how Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for them. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other has as well as live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the way it operates. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few tools missing like the issue of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for course creation but it’s not without limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Example Kajabi Sites
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribers can access your entire courses even while on the go. Example Kajabi Sites