Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with a variety of crucial features that you can use when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your intended audience, some might not offer all of the features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that have an editing experience so complex that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than the basic editing interface but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they offer nearly all you can think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Free Alternative
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you make and sell your courses to an audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service that provides entrepreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and necessary features that will not only create a professional site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? There are numerous reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From the course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s features are designed to be easily digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over other instructors. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop an online course without the need to look elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need, living up the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the most important characteristics that you might want to watch out for when you’re thinking about using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of customizable tools, media files, and templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and materials and blogs to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages and other methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of community, and training resources and features, including Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities that are from various sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who be interested in giving Kajabi a go. With the abundance of essential features already packed within every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, gain up to 1000 active users, as well as create a website that you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing emails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month yearly and is packed with every feature you’d want when making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. But a 14-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is available on selected blogs. So if you want to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief trial offer is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions to do this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the most popular features on the platform The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. The creation of content using the site and course creator software was never this simple and fast, since it requires less time and effort to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations. Aside from native integrations that integrate with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s community feature lets you connect with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s not a free option as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Free Alternative
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are divided into five major sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You can create your own landing page, alter your course and engage with other instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar, it allows you to search for tools and items on the site by entering the words. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other that English for those who want to share your content with broader audience.
Course Development and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may be able to see a collection of course or product templates, or the way it calls it blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created in order to increase brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version versions that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs which are planned over an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content when you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints let you make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create an entire course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are known as post categories as well as category, and vice versa. The posts are where you put in different types of content, such as text, video images, and text, while the categories serve as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to include in your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies that you can upload all your files to your courses in one page. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the different products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any theme to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand, such as the logo images, fonts, and design into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Kajabi Free Alternative
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content more.
Apart from that aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone item or as a part of your membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain or WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with an automatic SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, as well as choose from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can modify to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and above you are able to import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as eliminate any Kajabi branding and replace that with your own!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts we discussed when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website including text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets these days it’s logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking which site element you wish for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to build your site how you would like it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share information and comments on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with your blog posts by making your own using Text Editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories and even customize how you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode there are two options: release it as a podcast that is public for free or make an exclusive private one that only your users are able to access. Kajabi Free Alternative
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are extremely easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than simply send emails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Free Alternative
You are able to create as many e-mails to your campaigns as you want and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can even select the members you want to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been this complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to determine how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Free Alternative
Another of Kajabi’s notable features are one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms have similar features that require more time and effort however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to persuade your audience to buy your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build your sales funnel from starting
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You can even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme The library is full of 40+ page templates that you can select from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it gives an array of options for you of options to select from. You can make your student pay for services at various times (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or give them away to them for free. You can also choose to choose whether you’re planning to charge a set amount for a specific item or for a variety of items, and set specific dates that your students can access your products within a certain period of time. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy the products you offer. Kajabi Free Alternative
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to make and market your courses However, you can connect to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is always available to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for Basic users, live chat is available at specific times and on certain days during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to develop relevant educational content. Kajabi Free Alternative
As for training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to use resources to master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their standing in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of additional advice and tricks, the help center is available to help you on your way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would have been very useful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of question type options as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful in making custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan, and the lack in features it might turn some people off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity in comparison to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may think about in your decision. Kajabi Free Alternative
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! While you get to benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly price it’s easy to imagine how Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other which includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it works. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It certainly has the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite, which includes the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there, such as the issue of certificates, in particular. With a high cost, it might not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Free Alternative
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi can replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app so that you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire courses even while in the move. Kajabi Free Alternative