Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with various essential features that can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to market classes to your target viewers, other platforms might not provide all those things. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be few that may have an editing experience so complicated that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they also offer nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: What is Kajabi? Haley Burkhead Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to develop and market your courses to an customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelming score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? It’s true that there are numerous aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From course creation to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s features are designed to be easily digestible even for those who are new in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over others. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop courses without the need to look elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points of the key features that you may want to keep an eye on if you’re considering using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizable tools including media files, templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and other products and a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages and other methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with email marketing as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of community and training materials, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people who are part of different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. As of this writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who be interested in giving it a try. But considering the huge amount of features that are included within each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, reach an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually that is loaded to the brim with every feature you could ask for when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day no-cost trial is available on each of the three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days also offered on select blogs. If you want to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with other third-party services to do that!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content using the site and course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations. Apart from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you network, connect, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost greater than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s not a free option as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Haley Burkhead Kajabi
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the user interface (UI) is organized. If you check the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for confusion, as certain features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You can create your own landing page, alter your course, and communicate with your instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that is useful when you need to search for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching, and it lets you look for tools and items within the site by typing in the keywords. Like we said the site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages that English in case you want to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may quickly come across a variety of course or product templates or, as the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand value, while Online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content designed for a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes which are planned over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content if you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are called groups and posts or. Posts are the places where you insert various types of content, such as text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders for the posts that are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload all of them directly from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies that you can upload all your files to your courses in one tab. This one is handy particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting various themes for the different products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any theme to fit your style. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand like your logo or images as well as font design into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Haley Burkhead Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your class. Assessments are a helpful way to assess if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content.
Apart from that in addition, in addition, the LMS website has made progress in providing spaces for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone product or as an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents on your website’s domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across 3 pricing options. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate security and security through the automatic SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain as well as pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can customize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as remove all Kajabi branding and replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the available themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts from when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content, such as text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections, on the other hand, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website as you wish it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi lets you create an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can share comments and updates about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most out the Kajabi-made website this service offers you a space where you can do so without limits. It is possible to begin with the blog post by creating one with an editor for text. You can include SEO elements if you want to expand your reach or group your posts into various categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast there are two choices: publish the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private one that only your members have access to. Haley Burkhead Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails about your course and website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Haley Burkhead Kajabi
You can send as many emails to your campaigns as you like and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can choose which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates to help advertise your website on behalf of you. In addition to paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to determine how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Haley Burkhead Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more effort and time, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your intended customers to purchase your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your courses by means of the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from the starting
Once you select from any of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You could even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme The library is with more than 40 templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings are immediately sent to your bank account.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi gives you a wide range of options to select from. You can either charge your students for your services at different times (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or give them away at no cost. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for a specific item or for a variety of items, and set specific dates that your members can access within a specific time frame. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy the products you offer. Haley Burkhead Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for Basic users live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and times of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to design meaningful educational content. Haley Burkhead Kajabi
For tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to access resources that you can master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their position in the field of course development. There are also every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for other tips and tricks, the help center will be there to help you in the right direction. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material however, we must take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. A majority of them could be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items that we wish would be included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are limitations also.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for creating custom integrations such as letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site could cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities with Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might think about in your decision. Haley Burkhead Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, far easier than even Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable price we can imagine the ways Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that Kajabi, and this includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it functions. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs make use of. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to build a professional-looking website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There could be some tools that are missing for example, the issuance of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Haley Burkhead Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course materials even when in the move. Haley Burkhead Kajabi