Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer a variety of essential features that can be utilized when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your desired viewers, other platforms might not provide all these features. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that provide editing options so complex that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they offer nearly everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look What is Kajabi? How Does Kajabi Work
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to develop and market your course content to your audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelmingly positive score with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? There are numerous reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. First, it’s the ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing, nearly all of the Kajabi features are designed to be easily accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over the rest. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to travel elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need, living up its ‘one stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullet form of the most important attributes that you ought to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of tools for customizing such as media files, templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and other products along with your own blog to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages, and other effective methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics software with email marketing and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training tools in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities who are part of different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different than other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who might want to give the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of features that are included within every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, garner up to 1,000 active customers, and make your own website you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded with all the features you’d want when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for all three plans. An extended trial that lasts up to 30 days is also offered on select blogs. If you want to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the limited trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From the creation of professional-looking courses all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. Making content using the site and the course builder software has never been so easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to connect with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s not a free option as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute the assignments or quizzes. How Does Kajabi Work
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You can build your own landing page, alter your course, and even engage with other instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that is difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching, it allows you to search for specific tools and products on the website by typing in the keywords. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages that English if you wish to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products, or, as the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed in order to increase brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure designed for a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled over an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content when you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course-maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create a course or product from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons referred to as post categories as well as category, and vice versa. The posts are where you insert various kinds of content, like text, videos and images, whereas the categories function as folders for the posts that are kept.
You can also include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name, you can add all your files to your course in one tab. This is a great option especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of more than 10 course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any theme to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand including logos or images as well as font design into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. How Does Kajabi Work
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective way to assess if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments feature, you can choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your content.
Aside from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also made progress in providing spaces for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature students have access to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone feature or as component of your member.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and safety with an automatic SSL certification and the support of a team to manage your site.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain and also pick from a variety of premium, unique themes, all of which you can personalize to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and above you can download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs and also take away the Kajabi branding and replace that with your own!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the available themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website including text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets these days it is logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile and select the element of your site you would like for your members to see. With all the tools you need to build your site as you wish it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi lets you create an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can publish comments and updates on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating posting blog content by creating one using the text editor. You may include SEO elements if you want to expand your reach, group your posts into various categories or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast, you have two options: release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast that only your members have access to. How Does Kajabi Work
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are extremely easy and straightforward to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your courses following checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement How Does Kajabi Work
You can create as many emails to your campaigns as you wish and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can even select the members you want to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been so complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates who can help promote your content on your behalf. In addition to paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. How Does Kajabi Work
Another of Kajabi’s notable features is its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more effort and time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to persuade your customers to purchase your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create your sales funnel from ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to look to your customers. You may even change the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for example changing the design to a different theme There is a library filled with 40+ page templates that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi offers customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can choose to charge your students for your services at various time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or distribute them to them for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specified price for a single item or for a variety of items, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a certain period of time. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy any of your offers. How Does Kajabi Work
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you create and market your courses, but you also can connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always available to assist you when you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled for specific times and on certain days of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to design meaningful educational content. How Does Kajabi Work
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to use resources to learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their standing in the field of course development. There are also every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for additional tips and tricks the help desk is always there to guide you in the right direction. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn many sweet perks when they reach their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could be extremely useful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party software that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like for the lack of different types of questions and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for custom integrations, such as letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan, and the lack in features it could make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity with Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might be considering when making your choice. How Does Kajabi Work
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable cost we can see the ways Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has more industry-level functions than the other has as well as live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it operates. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It does provide the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there for example, the issuance of certificates in particular. With a high price tag, it may not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. But we do understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ How Does Kajabi Work
What is the meaning of Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app so that you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire courses even while in the move. How Does Kajabi Work