Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many essential features that you can use whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to promote classes to your intended audience, others may not have most of these features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that offer editing features that are that is so complicated it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they also offer almost all you can think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look How do you define Kajabi? How To Set Up Kajabi
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you create and sell your courses to an audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not just create a professional site for your courses, but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelming positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? It’s true that there are numerous aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation all the way to the marketing services, nearly all of Kajabi’s features are designed to be easily digestible for people who are new in the world of e-learning. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over other instructors. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create an online course without having to go elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form of the most important features that you may want to keep an eye on if you’re considering the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizing tools including media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and materials, as well as a blog where you can keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages, and other methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with email marketing, CRM, and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of community, customer service and training tools and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who are part of different sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students from across the globe. As of this time of writing Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different from other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start at just $119, it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who would like to give Kajabi a go. With the abundance of important features included in each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, garner an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and design your own website you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing emails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly, which is filled with all the features you could ask for when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day free trial is available on all three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days available on certain blogs, so if you wish to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the short trial period is the ideal method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services for this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. Making content with the site and course creator software was never this easy and quick, as it requires less effort and time to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free option available neither.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. How To Set Up Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You get to create a landing page, modify your course, and even engage with other instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar and allows you to search for tools and items on the site by entering the words. Like we said the courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other that English for those who want to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products, or the way it calls it, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure designed for a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content if you or your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course-maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create a course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are called post categories as well as category, respectively. The posts are where you can insert different types of content such as text, video, and images, while the categories function as folders in which the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name, you can add all your files to your courses in the same tab. This is a great option particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for different products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand, such as the logo images, fonts, and designs , into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. How To Set Up Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments are a helpful way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the curriculum you’ve given them. Through the assessment feature, you get to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content.
Aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also been able to make strides in creating areas for students and teachers to communicate. With the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone feature or as an element of membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents to your web domain or WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for all 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You also have the option to customize your domain, as well as choose from a wide array of unique, professional themes, all of which you can customize to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and higher you can download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as take away all Kajabi branding and replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the given website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that make up the content of the website including text, media files or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays it’s logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile and select which site element you wish for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to build your site however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post comments and updates on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-created website it provides a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by creating one with the text editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into various categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast, you have two options: release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private version that only your members are able to access. How To Set Up Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely easy and straightforward to even non- marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails about your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than sending e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement How To Set Up Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails to the campaign you want and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose which of your members gets the messages. The management of e-mails has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You will not require the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates to help in promoting your site on your behalf. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. How To Set Up Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features are the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more effort and time, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your target public to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your classes through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from beginning
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You can even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for example changing the design to a different theme The library is filled with 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn are instantly transferred to your bank account.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi offers you a wide range to choose from. You can either make your student pay for products at various time frames (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or distribute them at no cost. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for a specific product or multiple products, and specify specific dates your members can access within a given timeframe. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy any of your offers. How To Set Up Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users, live chat support is scheduled at certain times and times of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by many who use it to design meaningful educational content. How To Set Up Kajabi
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides an array of options to resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their position in the field of course development. Additionally, you can attend weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for other tips and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you in the right direction. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn many sweet perks when they meet their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and market your course content however, we must look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. The majority of these would be extremely useful to improve the experience. Here are the following things we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like for the lack of different types of questions and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are certain limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for creating custom integrations for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But due to its high price plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site might turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might think about in making your choice. How To Set Up Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and sell to your target audience without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price it’s easy to see how Podia is a great choice for DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than Kajabi, and this includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it works. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs use. It sure does offer all the features you need, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There could be some tools that are missing for example, the issue of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the best choice among the budget-conscious. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for course creation, it will always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
FAQ How To Set Up Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal programs, you can sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s enough to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app to ensure that you and your subscribers can access all your course materials even when on the go. How To Set Up Kajabi