Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many important features can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to promote classes to your intended audience, others may not have most of the features. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that have an editing experience that is so complicated they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some that offer not just an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they also offer almost all you can think of including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Is Kajabi An Lms
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to develop and market your courses to an student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not only create a professional site for your courses, but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive score with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? It’s true that there are numerous factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing the majority of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are digestible even for those who are just getting started in the world of e-learning. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over others. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop a course-making business without the need to look to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points, of its important attributes that you ought to keep an eye on if you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of tools for customizing including media files, templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and other products along with blogs to keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of customer service, community and training materials and features, including Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names who are part of different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of time of writing Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation tools in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who might like to give the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed into each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, reach an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and make your own website you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing emails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly that is loaded with all the features you could ask for when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for all three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days also available on certain blogs, so if you want to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the short trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions to do this!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. The creation of content using the website and course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations. Aside from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students in your classes. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Is Kajabi An Lms
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are organized into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu is clear and free of confusion, as certain elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You get to create a landing page, modify your course, and even engage with other instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching, and allows you to search for specific tools and products within the site by typing in the keywords. Like we said, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped which makes the process easier without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other that English in case you want to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation function, you may quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products or what the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version courses with a complete content structure designed for the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled over an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content if you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course-maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create your own course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are called post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are where you put in different types of content including text, video, and images, while the categories serve as folders where the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses on one page. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for various products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to modify any theme to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your company’s image including logos or images as well as font designs , into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Is Kajabi An Lms
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective way to assess if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. Through the assessment feature, you get to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your content more.
Apart from that aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also made strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature your students are able to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone product or as part of your membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents to your web domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on the three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automated SSL certification and a team to help maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to modify your domain as well as choose from a wide array of premium, unique themes, all of which you can modify to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus take away any Kajabi logos and substitute it with your own!
Like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the available themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts that we’ve discussed when we discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website including text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays it’s logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by picking which site element you wish for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to make your site look how you would like it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can share updates and thoughts on your course content. If you want to make the most of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. You can get started with the blog post by making your own using Text Editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into different categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes you can choose between two options: either release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users are able to access. Is Kajabi An Lms
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than simply send emails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Is Kajabi An Lms
You are able to create as many emails to your campaign as you like and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can even select the members you want to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been more complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Is Kajabi An Lms
Another of Kajabi’s notable features is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated problems. While other platforms have similar features, which require more time and effort and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use any time you wish to convince your target public to buy your product by utilizing an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for whenever you want to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct your sales funnel from beginning
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You may even change the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example changing the design to a different theme There is a library full of 40+ page templates that you can select from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi offers customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can make your student pay for products at different dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or distribute them for free. You can also choose to decide if you want to charge a set amount for a specific product or multiple products, and set specific dates that your students can access your products within a specific timeframe. Additionally, you can create coupons to encourage your target audience to buy all of your products. Is Kajabi An Lms
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to make and market your courses However, you can connect to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other important issues, anytime and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for Basic users Live chat is available for certain times and times on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by many who use it to design meaningful courses. Is Kajabi An Lms
As for tools for training, Kajabi gives an array of options to access resources that you can master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their standing in the field of course development. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of other information and tips, the help center is available to help you on your way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they achieve their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and market your course content however, we must address a few vital things that are missing. A majority of them could have been very useful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we aren’t sure if there are limitations too.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for creating custom integrations like having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site might turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity with Kajabi regarding performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy alternatives that you might be considering in your decision. Is Kajabi An Lms
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price we can understand how Podia can appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has greater features that Kajabi, and this includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it works. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs make use of. It sure does offer all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools that are missing for example, the issuance of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking for an LMS that can provide everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ Is Kajabi An Lms
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile for you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course content even when you’re in the move. Is Kajabi An Lms