Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have various crucial features that you can use when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to promote classes to your intended viewers, other platforms may not have most of the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that provide editing options so complex that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they offer nearly everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Is Kajabi Worth It
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you develop and market your course content to your customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are numerous reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to use. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to the marketing services, nearly all of the Kajabi features can be digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over other instructors. In addition it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without the need to look elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form of the key characteristics that you might want to watch out for if you’re considering it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can pick in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and products and a blog where you can keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages and other effective methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to invoice your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community, and training resources, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. In the last writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who might want to give Kajabi a go. With the abundance of features that are included in every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. This plan lets you can create three products, garner an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and design your own website you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly, which is filled to the brim with every feature you’d like when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. But a 14-day free trial is available on each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days available on selected blogs. So if you want to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, the short trial offer is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions for that!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platform’s best-selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the website and course builders hasn’t been this simple and fast, since it requires less time and effort to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations. Apart from native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students enrolled in any of your courses. You can also network, connect, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s not a free option either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Is Kajabi Worth It
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the user interface (UI) is organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The menu’s design does not allow for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You can create your own landing page, alter your course, and even engage with other instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar, it allows you to search for specific tools and products within the website by typing in the words. Like we said, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages than English for those who want to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will be able to see a collection of product or course templates, or, as the platform calls them blueprints. Each of the product blueprints is different in its structure and style and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content designed for the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes which are planned over a set series of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are known as post categories as well as category, and vice versa. The posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, such as text, video images, and text, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files to be added to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests that you can upload all your files to your course in one page. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s easy to customize any theme to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand, such as the logo or images as well as font designs , into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Is Kajabi Worth It
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments are an effective method of determining whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments feature, you get to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content more.
Apart from that, in addition, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating areas for teachers and students to interact. With the Community feature, your students are able to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with other students your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone product or as part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents with your domain name as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with an automatic SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain and also pick from a wide array of premium, unique themes that you can customize to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and higher you can import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as eliminate any Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your personal brand!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories we discussed when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the components that comprise the site’s content which includes text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets these days it’s logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like for your members to view. With all the tools you need to make your site look how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most out the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you an area where you can do so without limits. Start by creating the blog post by making one using the text editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes you can choose between two choices: publish it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private one that only your users are able to access. Is Kajabi Worth It
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are highly easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Is Kajabi Worth It
You are able to create as many emails to the campaign you like and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can even select which of your members gets to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been more complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates who can help advertise your website on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to see how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Is Kajabi Worth It
Another of Kajabi’s top features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms provide similar features that require more time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This amazing feature lets you select from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to convince your target public to buy your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for occasions when you need to advertise your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to market your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for whenever you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from starting
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example, to a different one – there is a library with more than 40 pages templates you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi gives an array of options for you of options to select from. You can choose to make your student pay for products at different dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or distribute them to them for free. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for a single product or multiple items, and set specific dates that your customers can access within a specific timeframe. You can also create coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase any of your offers. Is Kajabi Worth It
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you create and market your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 support. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for basic users live chat is available at certain times and times of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to design relevant courses. Is Kajabi Worth It
For training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to use resources to master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them get started or increase their standing in the course creation world. There are also every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for other information and tips the help desk is always there to guide you on your way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they achieve their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and market your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that are missing. The majority of these would be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like for the lack of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in features it could make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may be considering when making your choice. Is Kajabi Worth It
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost beginning at just $67 per month You are able to create unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. However, when you consider the budget-friendly cost, we can understand how Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than the other as well as live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it operates. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs use. It does provide the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few tools missing like the issue of certificates specifically. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for creating courses, it will always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that offers everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously consider.
FAQ Is Kajabi Worth It
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it makes sense that it’s enough to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile for you and your subscribers have access to all course materials even when traveling. Is Kajabi Worth It