Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with many important features you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your desired audience, some may not have most of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that provide editing options so complex that it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that, they also offer nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Jenna Kutcher Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to develop and market your courses to an audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not only create a professional website for your courses , but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are numerous factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From the course creation to the marketing services the majority of Kajabi’s features can be easily accessible to those who are new in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over other instructors. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build courses without having to travel elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need, living up its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet form of the most important attributes that you ought to watch out for if you’re considering the option. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizable tools including media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and products and your own blog to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages and other viable methods to boost your profits, further your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of customer service, community and training materials, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people who are part of different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. In the last time of writing Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why this might be an issue for those who might be interested in giving Kajabi a go. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed into each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, garner up to 1,000 active customers, and design a website that you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month yearly and is packed with every feature you could ask for when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day trial is available. trial is offered for each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts up to 30 days is also offered on select blogs, so if you want to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the short trial offer is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From the creation of professional-looking courses up to the customized domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. The creation of content using the site and the course creator software was never this easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s not a free option as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Jenna Kutcher Kajabi
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s users interface (UI) is structured. If you check the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are divided into five major sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for confusion, as certain features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You get to create a landing page, modify your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar and it lets you look for specific tools and products on the website by typing in the search terms. Like we said the site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other than English for those who want to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will soon encounter a list of course or product templates or, as the platform calls it blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version courses with a complete content structure designed for a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes which are planned over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content if you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course maker. But, aside from the courses, the blueprints allow you to make a membership site for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create a course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are referred to as categories and posts, respectively. The posts are where you put in different types of content like text, videos and images, whereas the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to include in your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name, you can add all your files to your courses on the same tab. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for various products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any of the themes to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements of your brand, such as the logo or images as well as font designs into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Jenna Kutcher Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your course. Assessments can be a great way to determine whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you get to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your material more.
Aside from that aside from that, the LMS site has also made strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature your students are able to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate feature or as an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents with your domain name or WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with an automated SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain as well as choose from a variety of premium, unique themes, which you can customize to your heart’s content! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and higher, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as remove all Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the given website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are the components that comprise the site’s content, such as text, media files as well as clickable button. Sections on the other hand, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets, it makes total sense for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile and select which site element you wish for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look as you wish it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi lets you create an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you a space where you can do so without limits. It is possible to begin with the blog post by making one with the text editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast you can choose between two options: either release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private one which only your subscribers are able to access. Jenna Kutcher Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than simply send emails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Jenna Kutcher Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails to the campaign you wish and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can even select the members you want the messages. Managing e-mails has never been more complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates to help promote your content on behalf of you. Apart from paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Jenna Kutcher Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s top features can be its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require more effort and time and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use any time you wish to convince your target customers to purchase your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for whenever you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from beginning
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different There is a library filled with 40+ page templates that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose one of them to pay for your course. Stripe is a popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi provides customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can either charge your students for your products at different times (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or distribute them for free. You can also choose to decide if you want to charge a specified price for a specific product or a number of products, as well as specify specific dates your members can access within a specific time frame. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase any of your offers. Jenna Kutcher Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in services needed to create and market your courses however, you also have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is available to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and days of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to develop relevant courses. Jenna Kutcher Kajabi
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives you a variety of ways to use resources to master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their position in the course creation world. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for additional advice and tricks the help desk will be there to help you in the right direction. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and market your course content however, we must take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would have been very useful to improve the experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will require a connection to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of question type options as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limits also.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for custom integrations, for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan and a plethora in features it could cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy alternatives that you might think about in making your choice. Jenna Kutcher Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost beginning at just $67 per month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price we can imagine the ways Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer greater features that the other which includes live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the way it functions. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few instruments that aren’t there, such as the issue of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking for an LMS that gives you all you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Jenna Kutcher Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile for you and your subscribed members have access to all course materials even when in the move. Jenna Kutcher Kajabi