Many learning management system (LMS) platforms have many important features you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your desired audience, others might not offer all of the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that have an editing experience so complex that it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than the basic editing interface but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they offer nearly everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell What is Kajabi? Jill Zimmerman Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you make and sell your content to your student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not only create a professional site for your courses, but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? It’s true that there are many reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to use. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From the course creation to the marketing services, nearly all of Kajabi’s features can be digestible for people who are just getting started in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an edge over others. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop an online course without having to travel elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require in order to live up its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets of the key characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizing tools, media files, and templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and materials, as well as a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages and other effective methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of customer service, community and training materials in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities that are from various sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start at just $119, it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who might like to give it a try. However, when you consider the number of features that are included into each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, gain a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by the platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded to the brim with all the features you could ask for when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. However, a 14-day trial is available. trial is offered for each of the three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days available on certain blogs. If you’re looking to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, then the brief trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. The creation of content using the website and course builders hasn’t been this easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you engage with the students in any of your courses. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free plan available either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Jill Zimmerman Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s User Interface (UI) is organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you will find that all the features are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The menu’s design does not allow for clutter, as some aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You can create your own landing page, alter your course and communicate with your instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching and allows you to search for items and tools within the site by entering the words. As previously mentioned the courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages than English if you wish to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may be able to see a collection of product or course templates or what the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created in order to increase brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure designed for a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses which are planned over an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership space for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create a course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are referred to as groups and posts respectively. Posts are where you insert various types of content including text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders for the posts that are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them either from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies that you can upload all your files to your course in the same tab. This can be useful particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the different products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to modify any of the themes to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image like your logo or images as well as font designs into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Jill Zimmerman Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your course. Assessments can be a great way to assess whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment option, you are able to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your content more.
In addition, in addition, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to communicate. Through the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone product or as an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name as well as WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across all three pricing plans. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant safety and security with an automated SSL certification and a team to help maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain and also pick from a range of premium, unique themes, all of which you can modify to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs and also remove all Kajabi logos and substitute it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the available website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re essentially like post categories, and categories we discussed when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the site’s content including text, media files as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets it is logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile and select the element of your site you would like members to view. With all the necessary tools to build your site as you wish it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish comments and updates on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating your blog posts by making one using an editor for text. You may include SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience or group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode, you have two options: either release it as a public podcast free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your users are able to access. Jill Zimmerman Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails about your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Jill Zimmerman Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails to the campaign you like and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been so complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Jill Zimmerman Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more effort and time however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your target audience to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your product via web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from the starting
Once you select from any of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the design of your landing and checkout pages, for example, to a different one The library is full of 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings are instantly transferred to your bank account.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi provides customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can either make your student pay for services at different dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or give them away to them for free. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for a single item or for a variety of products, and set specific dates that your students can access your products within a specific timeframe. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase all of your products. Jill Zimmerman Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to create and market your courses however, you also can connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to assist you if you’re struggling to create a course or page among other important issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled for specific times and on certain days during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to design meaningful educational content. Jill Zimmerman Kajabi
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to use resources to learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the course creation world. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of more advice and tricks assistance, the help section is available to help you along the way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they achieve their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material however, we must take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish for the lack of question type options – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are limitations as well.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for custom integrations, for example, letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack of features, it could cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity with Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy alternatives that you might be considering in your decision. Jill Zimmerman Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only distinction is in the cost beginning at just $67 per month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without ever having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price range it’s easy to see the ways Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than the other which includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it functions. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs make use of. It certainly has the basic features that everyone needs to be able to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing for example, the issue of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Jill Zimmerman Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you want to use this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course materials even when traveling. Jill Zimmerman Kajabi