Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer various essential features that you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to promote your courses to your target audience, others might not offer all of those things. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may provide editing options so complex that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that, they also provide you with nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: What is Kajabi? Kajabi 45-Day Trial
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to create and sell your course content to your audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just create a professional site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are plenty of aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. First, it’s the ease of use. From the course creation to the marketing services the majority of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are accessible to those who are new in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over others. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build courses without having to go elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need, living up the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullets, of its important features that you may want to watch out for in the event you’re considering using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizable tools such as media files, templates that you can pick in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and other products along with a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages, and other effective methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of community and training materials in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who come from different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different from other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who might like to give the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed within each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, gain up to 1000 active users, as well as make a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded to the brim with every feature you’d like when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days also available on selected blogs. So if you want to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the limited trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as email marketing and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. Making content using the website and course creator software was never this simple and fast, since it requires less time and effort to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. Kajabi 45-Day Trial
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You can build a landing page, modify your course, and communicate with your instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching it allows you to search for tools and items on the site by typing in the search terms. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages that English for those who want to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of templates for courses or products or what the platform calls it blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version versions that have a complete structure of content designed for a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled for a set series of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content if you or your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course-maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership space for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you will notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are referred to as groups and posts or. Posts are where you insert various kinds of content, such as text, video, and images, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are kept.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to be added to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs of your video to your posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in one tab. This can be useful especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of more than 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your company’s image, such as the logo images, fonts, and designs , into the course player to add a your own personal style. Kajabi 45-Day Trial
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your course. Assessments are an effective method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you get to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your content more.
Aside from that, in addition, the LMS site has also made progress in creating spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature, your learners are given access to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone product or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across the three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re assured of instant safety and security with an automatic SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, and also pick from a range of premium, unique themes that you can modify to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and above you can import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs, plus take away any Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your own!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the available website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts from when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content which includes text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays it is logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile and select which site element you wish for your member learners to see. With all the necessary tools to make your site look however you want it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can publish comments and updates on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you an area where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with your blog posts by creating one using an editor for text. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach, group your posts into different categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes you can choose between two options: release the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private podcast which only your subscribers can get access to. Kajabi 45-Day Trial
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Kajabi 45-Day Trial
You are able to create as many e-mails to the campaign you wish and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible the messages. The management of e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of you. Alongside paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi 45-Day Trial
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms have similar features, which require more time and effort however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to convince your target public to buy your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your classes through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from the beginning
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You could even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example, to a different one – there is a library full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it gives an array of options for you of pricing options. You can choose to make your student pay for products at various times (one-time or subscription and several payments) or give them away for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a specific product or a number of products, as well as establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a given time frame. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi 45-Day Trial
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to make and market your courses however, you also have the option to connect to other third-party applications for more functions. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the only course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always available to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other important issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for Basic users, live chat support is scheduled for certain times and days during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to design meaningful educational content. Kajabi 45-Day Trial
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to resources that you can master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the course creation world. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of other advice and tricks assistance, the help section will be there to help you along the way. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and market your course content, but we have to address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would be extremely useful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish for the lack of options for question types – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are limits also.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations such as having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack of features, it might cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might think about in making your choice. Kajabi 45-Day Trial
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, far easier than Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable price, we can see the ways Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price, it sure does offer higher-end features than Kajabi which includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it functions. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs use. It certainly has all the features you need to be able to design a professional web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools that are missing like the issue of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the right option for those with a tight budget. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Kajabi 45-Day Trial
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app so that you and your subscribed members can access your entire courses even while in the move. Kajabi 45-Day Trial